Coming to terms.... sort of.

Start from the beginning

"Ow!" I shouted.

Gabby put her hands on my face. "You alright?"  Suddenly the pain was gone, but Gabby still had her hands on my face.

When she realized it, she quickly put them around her cup. "Be careful, Gwen. Sheesh." She says.

I chuckle nervously. "Yeah. I will."

-

Ti walks in, and spots Gabby as she heads to the restroom. She raises her eyebrow. "What's she doin' here?"

Why, God? Why?

"She came to check up on me."

"Ah, I see. You couldn't even tell your best friend you needed company, eh?"

"Ti, it ain't even like that. She wouldn't take no for an answer, even after telling her I was fine."

She grins. "Nah, it's cool. Just know Miss Gabby is probably tryna get at you."

I rolled my eyes.

"I keep tellin' you, she ain't interested in me and vice versa."

She rolled her eyes.

"I know you ain't into her. She's definitely into you." She came and sat by me. "Ooh, hot chocolate." She says, taking a sip from my cup.

"I ain't say you could drink any of my hot chocolate."

"Too late." She says, wiping her mouth.

"Gabby sure does make sure you're good."

"Just like you." I say.

She chuckles. "True. But I've known you for years.... You've known her for a couple weeks. It's normal for a best friend... Not a new friend."

"Tiana Rose," i say, amused. "Are you jealous?"

She rolled her eyes. "C'mon, bruh. I only get protective when I feel my position is being  threatened by someone I don't like. I like Gabby, she's cool. She'd be a good friend."

I smile. Nice to know my best friend doesn't hate Gabby. Generally, she wasn't a jealous person, anyways. Protective? Definitely. But not jealous.

I never felt like anyone threatened my position as a best friend Ti because she didn't have a lot of close friends. I disliked most of her ex girlfriends, though. They didn't like that I was so close to her. Ti never let anyone utter a bad word around me, and I LOVED her for that. So yes, she's dumped girls in the name of loyalty.

I long for the day I can return the favor.

Gabby comes out of the bathroom and finally greets Ti. "Hi." She says.

"Hey," Ti replies. "I like your hair, girl."

She touches her hair. "Thanks." Gabby replies.

Her smile was definitely a breathtaking one. I wasn't in love or anything like that, but one day I was gonna taste those lips.

GWEN!

DUDE!

-

The next morning, I was making sure I looked my absolute best. I wore a black wifebeater and a blue plaid hoodie over it. To match, I put on black flower earrings, and flatironed my hair so I could have a shiny bun. When I finished flatironing it, it stopped at the middle of my back.

I considered wearing it down, but decided against it. I don't feel comfortable that way. So, I put it in a bun and smiled at myself.

In the ride to school, Tim and Ti both looked me up and down. "Who you gettin' all prettied up for?" Asked bold ass Ti.

I rolled my eyes. "God." I said.

"God?" She chuckles. "G.... God likes you in friggin pajamas. Now, tell me! I won't get mad, I swear. Unless it's for that dickhead, Mar-.. It's for Marcus, isn't it?"

I nodded. Sure, it could be for Marcus, too. I guess.

"I'll be there to beat ass when he's done using you." She says, softly.

"Um.. Thanks." I replied.

......

When I walked into the school, I was greeted by Marcus.

"Hey, Gwen." He says. "I've been thinking about you lately."

I smile.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I... Was wondering if you would go on a date with me?"

He waits until my interest shifts to a girl to ask me out?

Ugh.