Chapter 6~ A Cliche Meet-Cute

Start from the beginning

"That's a lie and you know it," a masculine voice tells her. When she turns to confront whoever it is about eavesdropping, her feet trip over themselves and she lands on a finely toned chest. Her eyes lock with a dark brown set, Jake Puckerman.

Though through the eyes of the students passing by this might seem like one of those cliche meet cutes, but to both of the participants to this overused plot. Laurel has just tripped. Like she does everyday.

Jake of course has heard all the jokes about Laurels inability to act like a normal human being. As soon as Laurels brain realizes that she just tripped and fell onto one of the most desired boys in the school her hands immediately pushes herself off the floor and Jakes body.

It seems as if the world doesn't think she's suffered enough today,because when Jake gets up. Laurel tries to run away but ends up slamming into the bulletin board making many of the multicolored papers fall to the floor.

"You okay I didn't mean to scare you that much," Jake apologizes uncharacteristically, as he helps the red-faced girl to her feet.

"Have you met me?" Laurel chuckles at the irony. "Just yesterday I managed to knock a tray of food all over myself. The day before, I ran out of an audition mid-performance. And Don't even get me started on the whole bathroom fiasco last week!"

"Trust me I won't," Jake cuts in before Laurel can continue listing all her embarrassing moments. A bright rouge spreads across her face as she continues to pick up the fallen pieces of paper and returns them to their previous form.

"So uh y-your audition was amazing I have no idea what they were thinking when they cast you as an understudy," his voice ringed with nervousness as he pinned up a Christian Club sign up sheet.

"They what?!" Laurel exclaimed as she picks up the cast list and realizes that she indeed was set to be an understudy, and not just any understudy. Rizzo's
-
-
-
"Look Morticia Adams, either you tie up your blinding blond hair or you shave it off!" Kitty screams at Amber as she enters the field extremely pissed off. Rage filled Kitty's petite body as she walks up to the rebellious blond.

"Just because your head Cheerio doesn't mean you get to make all the rules. If Sue says I can keep it down I'm keeping it down," Amber spits back while rolling her eyes. A vicious glare from the Queen Bee gets sent her way.

"You may think you and I are different but we're exactly the same," Kitty smiles at her with a twisted undertone. Once she detects that Amber has processed the information she has said she turns around smacking Amber with her ponytail and walks away even more upset.

"Don't listen to her," Brittany a former Cheerio and the only cheerio Amber has ever had a pleasant conversation with nudges her side.

"Hey!" Amber greets, it's weird seeing her wear something other than her uniform.

"You guys aren't completely alike, you actually have some talent." Brittany whispers, the girl may be a total airhead but she's the most optimistic person Amber knew.

"True," Amber laughs. Kitty may be the best Cheerio but everyone knew that Amber's the best dancer on the team.

"Anyways, I can't be here long Sue kicked me out remember," Brittany waves goodbye. And skips away.

"Bye Brittany!" Amber says sadly knowing that she wouldn't have a friend on the squad anymore.

"See you later, Morticia!"

A smile reaches her dark lips.
When Amber hears a whistle being blown she hurriedly runs over to the center of the field, not wanting to rebel any further today. Though she kept her hair down due to her stubborn nature.
-
-
-
Logan's chocolate colored eyes wander from one end of the room to the other. He taps his pencil in a complicated rhythm, not paying attention to the constant yells his teacher gives him to focus.

You'd think that the teacher would understand his incapability of staying on task, but alas she was just like all of his others.

Logan looks at the white board with several different variables splattered onto it. His overactive mind thinks about how many times a student has drawn something inappropriate on it, instead of writing down the notes.

'I'm gonna fail' Logan thinks to himself as he watches the teacher's red lipstick get on her teeth as she talks. Even though this is remedial English class Logan still struggled with saying on task, and 'applying himself'.

"You're late Ms.Rawlings. Do you have a pass?" Mrs. Wells asks calmly knowing that a girl like Laurel would have a good reason to be late to class.

"Er-ugh no!" Laurel struggles with finding an answer. Many people even those who've never talked to her are shocked at her breaking the rules.

Since last year they both made an agreement to be goody goodies, Logan begins to wonder if she got abducted by delinquent aliens.

"Well, that's unfortunate talk to me during work time to discuss your punishment," Mrs. Wells speaks again sad about giving consequence to her favorite 'student'. Laurel is about to beg for forgiveness when Logan gave her a 'please don't do it look'. The blond thankfully kept her mouth shut and walked to her work corner.

On the way there, Laurel glanced Logan's notebook and saw that it was completely blank. He just gave her a smile and shrug continuing to hum a classic rock song while tapping the beat with his pencil.

When Laurel arrived at her desk she noticed that no one seemed to be paying attention. A sigh escapes her lips knowing that when the work sheet was passed out none of the students would have a clue as to what to do. More work for Laurel. She just rolled her eyes and grabbed a book from the pile she was currently reading.

Many teachers and faculty considered Laurel a prodigy and wanted her to skip a couple grades, but couldn't do so due to "lack of social skills". The staff eventually let her skip her English class to help kids in remedial tutelage. If given a choice Laurel would've said no, but this would help her get a scholarship, which she desperately needed.

After all how else would she be able to leave this hellhole behind.

It's been a month since the last update and I am sooo sorry. Lately I've been busy with school work and other stuff.

From now on I won't have much time to write so in order to keep up with the update schedule I won't be editing revising or adding gifs banners ect.

Ive decided to add a couple blurbs about Laurel's intriguing past at the beginning of this chapter. Should I keep doing that or nah.

As always, please COMMENT VOTE FAN SHARE

If you are reading this please vote! It lets me know that I have an audience and I'm not just completely alone.

BTW Thanks so much for 100 reads