As soon as I step inside our house I run towards the kitchen she has been stuck in for the whole day.

"Hey baby," I pull her in, my lips gently brushing over hers, "adult content, guys stop!" Dinah yells entering the kitchen. I look at my girl confused silently asking what's going on as I notice our friends occupating our couch and she starts giggling.

"Don't look at me, you called them." I did? When? Why?

"Yesterday dumbass, you said something along the lines, my baby girl misses you, she needs her friends to help her deal with me, come and make her happy because I am doing a pretty shitty job at it." Dinah husks looking at y/n, stealing some food my girlfriend is making.

"Dinah! Don't say shit like that! You know that's a lie babe right?" I stay frozen, my hands on the counter as I think about it.

"Lo?" I hear her beautiful voice, but I seem to be unable to move, it is the truth, I know Dinah is just messing around, but what she said burns in the worst way possible. I feel warm fingers on my cheeks, she makes my body turn around to face her, bringing me into the warm embrace, I nuzzle my face into her neck, bringing my arms around her waist.

"I'm sorry," I sob out quietly.

"I'm out lovebirds, fix my friend y/n, I'm sorry for this though, I was just playing around." Y/n mumbles something that makes Dinah run into the living room.

"Look at me baby," I hear her whisper quietly, "Lo please, I need to see those beautiful eyes, come on baby girl, look my way." I do it eventually, she wipes the tears away from my face and for the first time I notice that she has been crying with me or for me, I'm still trying to figure it out.

"I don't know if you noticed, but since the day you walked into my life I've been the happiest idiot walking this planet. Lauren I'll always be here no matter what, I am not going to deny it, it hurts, it burns like hell when the one person you love with all of your heart doesn't know who you are to them in the morning. But it doesn't matter because I see that little something inside your eyes, I see us, no matter how bad it is I know that you'll remember our love story."

"And what if one day I won't?"

"Then we'll make another one."

"You make it sound so easy, you make it sound like I am not hurting you. You're trying to be strong, be real with me, just this time baby girl, be honest," I whisper inside her ear and almost regret it a minute later when she pulls away from me, bites her bottom lip nervously, looks around the kitchen, her eyes dancing, her tears burning their way across her cheek and onto her shirt, her hands shaking, "I'm scared," she whispers so quietly I can barely hear her.

"I'm scared I'll lose you one day. I am not afraid to pick up the pieces Lo, I'll always do it for you, for the three of us, but I'm afraid that one day that won't be enough, I won't be enough."

"Angel, you're more than enough, you're extraordinary. Come here," I let out hugging her tightly once again.

"Talk to me," I smile nervously looking everywhere except her, God forbid I look into her eyes I might shatter right in front of her.

"It's just," I start, "it feels like, you know," I sigh carrying on after a little pause, "like I'm suffocating all the time. It's like I'm drowning and as soon as I find my way back up to the top something pulls me back down again. And I'm just tired. I'm always so tired. I want to be normal again, I don't want to live in fear I'll forget my own family someday."

"Normal is overrated Lauren, you're extraordinary and I wouldn't want you any other way, this is you, the real you, the you that made me fall in love, the you that I can't imagine my life without,-" I hear screams interrupting us.