Chapter 5

Darkness. There was darkness everywhere. Then again, if you opened your eyes you would be able to see, as well as face your new captor.

You had regained consciousness about ten minutes ago and felt someone running their fingers through your (h/c) hair along with the sound of humming and something running up and down your leg. Your body was lying on a soft bed but your head was laying on someone's lap...HIS lap.

"I know you're awake; when do you plan on getting up (y/n)? I wish to show you around." His voice rang out.

You couldn't stop the shiver that rolled down your back nor the whimper that escaped your lips. "Please let me go, I don't want to be here." You whispered, tears threatening to spill out.

"Shh, this is your home now and I'm sure you will love it once you open those beautiful (e/c) eyes and look around." He purred, lightly running something sharp over your eyes. Fearing he was silently threatening you with a knife, you opened your eyes. The sight before you made you only want to shut them again.

The description that Jay had given you of the creature was what he looked like. His eyes was the first thing you noticed, since he was looking directly down at you, were an ice blue color. His hair black as night and went passed his shoulders. He had huge black wings splayed out, almost in an effort to make him seem bigger. Short horns protruded from his head and his ears had a point similar to elf ears. Scales littered his shoulders and descended his arms, all the way to the tops of his hands; some scales were on his forehead and a few under his eyes. He had very sharp claws, which was what he gently ran over your eyes and let's not forget those sharp teeth he has in his mouth. He wasn't wearing a shirt, you guessed it had something to do with his wings but it still didn't make anything any better.

His lips held a smirk as he watched your eyes wonder over his form. "Are you through checking me out my little rose?" Your face held a blush and you quickly sat up in an attempt to get away from him but the thing that had been running up and down your leg had different plans. It quickly wrapped around your leg and pulled you back to the man. That thing was his tail, a freaking tail!

You tried to pull yourself out of its grip but it just pulled back, like a sick game of tug-of-war.

"Let me go!" you yelled. The guy just laughed and pulled you close enough to embrace you in his arms. "I can't do that princess. I've waited too long for someone like you." He murmured as he nuzzled your neck, breathing in your scent.

You stopped struggling and looked at him, "What do you mean 'someone like you'?" He lifted his head and looked at you lovingly, "Someone who is pure, kind, and caring. When you and your friends first stepped foot upon my land, I could feel it, I knew you were the one for me. Then, you were told to leave because of the people having a celebration for me. I couldn't have that now could I?"

"But you had me when you attacked me and my friends, why didn't you take me then?" you wanted to slap yourself for asking that.

He just smiled at the question, "Ah, but the tribe love to appease me, by me keeping you from running, they realized I had chose you as my offering. This also stops them from bringing me anymore human sacrifices. Of course they could have been a little gentler with you." He took your hands and kissed your bandaged wrists. You were a little confused as to why there was bandages wrapped around them, but then remembered that they had been pinched when you were being shackled to the column.

"So, would you like for me to show you around the palace, my flower?" he asked as he stood up from the bed, holding his hand out for you to take.

You weighed your options; you could either A) Chose to stay on the bed and refuse to cooperate, or B) get to learn your way around and have escape be a little easier. Option B seems like a better plan.

Looking towards his hand, you reached out and grabbed it. He pulled you forwards into his arms and lifted you bridal style. Taking full view of the room you saw the bed that once held the two of you, it was bigger than a king sized bed. The walls were made of cobblestone with a window here and there and had vines creeping down everywhere along it. The floor was not made of stone but, what looked like, grass.

"Put me down! I can walk you know!!" you struggled in his arms but he held tight.

"Why would I do that? I love having you close to me." He cooed with a delighted tone and walked out of the room and down a corridor.

You stopped squirming and let out a huff as you looked around. The hall was similar to the room, vines hanging along the walls and a grass like floor. There are windows all along the hall, some have vines crossing over them, almost like bars. You gulped, feeling more like a prisoner than anything else. He guy stopped in front of a covered window and set you down.

"I apologize for the way the place looks; I should have brightened up the place for you." With a snap of his fingers, the vines moved away from the windows and flowers of all different kinds bloomed on them. He then wrapped his arms around your waist and laid his head on your shoulder.

"What do you think of the view?" he whispered in your ear.

Your eyes widened at what just happened as you could finally see outside and hope seemed to leave out said window. There were only trees in sight; it seemed like an endless maze. No buildings, no people, you were all alone, with him! The only thing that really caught your attention was the waterfall to the left. Now if you remember correctly, you can reach civilization if you traveled up stream...or was it down stream?

Letting out a shaky breath you answer, "It's um...green."

He laughed, "Well come on, I need to finish showing you around so we can get you something to eat."

You didn't follow though. He stopped and turned to look at you, confusion etched on his face. "What's wrong?" he asked, walking back to you.

You shifted your feet, "What...What's going to happen to my friends?"

His face turned stoic, "They shouldn't matter anymore, you are with me now so forget them."

"They are my friends! I've known them since we were kids, you can't expect me to just forget about them." you argued, your voice rising a bit with anger.

"You want to know what's going to happen to them? They will feed the Dayak tribe. They will not come for you if that's what you are hoping for, but even if they did I wouldn't let them take you." By the time he finished speaking he had caged you against the wall with his arms. You stared into his eyes as he lifted his right hand and caressed your cheek.

"Oh my little flower I have realized I've yet to tell you my name." He backed away and gave you a mock bow, "Demetri Scalus at your service!"

A grin made its way back on his face as he stood back up, "Now, on with the tour."

~Mini Timeskip~

This place was huge. There were so many corridors and walkways; it reminded you of the elf palace in the Hobbit, just without it being inside a tree.

Demetri had picked you up and sat you upon his throne, once you reached the throne room, and told you to stay put while he got you something to eat but once he left the room, you jumped up and decided to try to find your friends and escape. Luckily this room is ground level.

'Let's see, if I go right it should take me to the front door, but I bet he has a trap waiting right outside it. Ah! There's an open window!' you thought as you ran to said window. Jumping through it, you took off running.

--------------------------------
Demetri is the top picture

--------------------------------Demetri is the top picture

Throne room