Chapter 3

{Y/N}

With no other option you and your friends had to stay with Chloe's dad at his medical tent. It was about twenty minutes from the town if you are traveling by Jeep. Once you reached the tent, you weren't really impressed. It wasn't much, just a big white tent in the shape of a T.

On the inside there were a few cots for patients to sleep on, should they have to say for a longer period of time, examination chairs, and a couple desks with medical equipment. The other two rooms in the back are where the bedrooms where the doctors sleep.

"Dad, can we at least go to the little shops? We won't be gone long." Chloe pleaded to her dad. You didn't really want to leave unless it was because you were getting on the boat back home. The way some of those people were staring at you had you spooked.

"No, I don't want any of you out there if this ceremony crap is happening soon." Mr. Wilson said firmly.

"What if you come with us?"

"I must take care of my patients."

"What patients? This place is empty and there's no one lining up outside!"  Chloe shouted.

Mr. Wilson sighed, "I don't want you to get hurt, any of you. So, please stay here until tomorrow and then on the way to the boat we'll stop at a few places." He reasoned.

"Fine." Chloe agreed...wait, agreed? She never agrees. Her dad gave a sigh of relief.

"Thank you. You can all go put your things in the back room. There are a few beds set up for you to rest." Her dad told us.

"Excuse me sir, but you have someone who would like you to give them a check up." Jay said when he came through the tent door with an elderly woman. "If you kids will excuse me, Jay and I must take care of her."

~mini timeskip~

"Tell me again why we are doing this? We could get in serious trouble." You told Chloe as she browsed through some shirts at one of the tiny shops. Oh yes there was a reason why she agreed with her father. The sooner she ended the petty little argument the sooner we would get to sneak out.

After we unpacked she said we were going to leave through the back entrance, which is where we were. Dylan asked if we were going to take the Jeep but Devin said it would make too much noise so we need to walk. 

"My dad was lying (y/n). He wasn't going to let us shop or look around at all, so we will do it really quick and get back."

"Oh come on, (y/n) what are you, chicken? Scared you're going to get caught doing something bad?" Devin mocked you.

"Well-"

"Live a little! We'll be back before he notices and if we are caught at least he can't do much here. Besides we would have already got what we came for, to shop!" Chloe had cut you off.

"Fine, but still lets be quick. I feel like we are being watched." You said, looking around.

"We probably are, I mean we are not from around here." Dylan mused.

"Yea I guess." You mumbled. 'Come on, quite worrying and have some fun. Nothing's going to happen' you thought as you decided to look through some of the shirts the store had to offer.

Then you came across a really pretty (f/c) dress. It was plain but it looked very comfortable. Sort of baggy in a good way is the best way to describe it and there was ruffles here and there. You looked at the price tag. It was sixty dollars in U.S. currency.

You made a face at the price. 'Why does it have to be pricey? I mean it's a simple plain dress.' You thought. Oh well, it might be the only thing you like so you decided to buy it.