Prologue

April 23, 2000

No One's  Pov

"No, please let me go!" a young woman cried. She had been shackled to a stone column with the chains hanging at the top by a tribe of some kind.

 She had been shackled to a stone column with the chains hanging at the top by a tribe of some kind

With her hands hanging above her head, she could do nothing but stand there.

             The woman had been hanging there for twenty minutes, sobbing and screaming, when she felt something slithering around her legs. Fear coursed through her body, to scared to look down and see what it was. Unfortunately, the sensation never left and it seemed to be traveling upwards soon wrapping around her stomach.

            Upon finally having the courage to look down, she let out another scream of terror. Vegetation, a plant, a vine, was alive and winding around her body like a snake would do to its prey. Her eyes widened in fear and she started struggling again

            "No! No, Stop! Please!" she screamed and cried helplessly. The vine never ceased and continued wrapping until it reached her hands and rendered her immobile.

Then the vine started to tighten around her body. 'It's going to crush me!' she thought. "No, let me go! I don't want to die!" she yelled, or at least tried, with what little breath she had left.

Bones started breaking, blood started oozing out of her mouth and her vision started to fade. Hanging on as long as she could, she could have sworn she saw glowing yellow eyes and heard a rough male voice whisper, "No, you are not acceptable.", before she was ripped in half.