DAY TWENTY-SEVEN

TALK & SHUT UP

Everyday you will add a new principle from the previous chapter.

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation..." - Mark 16:15
_________________________________

Part 1: SPEAK!

One way or another, you will proclaim Jesus. Whether it's in this life or in the life to come. Some will proclaim that He WAS the Christ in the next life but that day will be too late. Some will proclaim that He WAS the Christ when they see Him descending with His angels but that will be too late too.

God isn't calling people to see then believe, He's calling people to believe so that they can see. We have been called to share the Gospel because if we don't start sharing, how will others come to know Christ?

Remember, God doesn't ask us, He commands us. John 14:15 - “If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

Do you love Jesus? Do you care that every second a few people are slipping into eternity and most of them are not entering into heaven, according to the words of Jesus. Mathew 7:14 - But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

________________________________

We live by 2 laws. 

1. Mathew 22:37-38
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.

2. Mathew 22:39-40
And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

So if you love God and you love people, it should be your heart's burning desire to spread the love of God to all creation. This should be your only goal in life. God will give you gifts, people and dreams but they will all be for one purpose - to bring his people home. Now that's God's will! Thats the only reason why Jesus died on that cross.

___________________________________

Part 2: SILENCE!

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

James 3:5 - In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches. But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. (NLT)

James 3:6 - The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one's life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

Jesus was the Word, yet He remained silent through his persecution. Jesus spoke when He had purposeful and meaningful words to share and He did it with a burning passion. Sometimes He spoke to build people up and sometimes to warn people of the coming judgement.

What if you could remain silent? How many times have you spoke out of ignorance? Don't you think it's time to stop?

______________________________

Task: 1.) Share the Gospel to as many people as possible. Open your mouth and share or send messages through social media. If Jesus is really the centre of your heart, if you believe He really does save then why would you hold Him to yourself? Doesn't everybody need grace, truth and mercy?

Task: 2.) Try to remain as silent as you possible can unless you have words of wisdom, encouragement or warning. This is the start of something great because if you can tame your tongue, you can tame the devil's tongue from ever deceiving you. The devil tries to use our words against ourselves but what if we have nothing to say? Do not lose focus.

(PRAYER)

God, I love you and because I love you, I will obey your commandments. I want to give my mouth to you Holy Spirit so that you can begin to use my words to uplift the hearts of others, so you can begin to cut through the hearts of others and so the you can also heal the hearts of others. People are broken, people need you. The Bible says that nobody can be saved without the good news being preached to them. Lord God, give me courage, hunger and patience to go ahead and disciple people, to walk with people and just love them the same way that you love me. I ask this in your name Jesus.

God I ask that you help me choose my words wisely. I ask that you continue to encourage me to not yield to my emotions but to yield and surrender to you and only you. Feelings will fade but the words that I say will become a template of my intentions in their lives. I don't want to misrepresent you - The Word - by selfishly abusing the words that come out of my mouth. Do I live for you or myself? God I ask you to strengthen me day by day, form me to become the man or woman that you WANT me to be, in your mighty name Jesus Christ I pray, amen.