Writer Answers 2

@PickleHoran asked: How did you deal with  the stress of trying to not let people down. I'm an author of fanfic and other random books and I feel ashamed if I don't update in a month of the last update. Any tips?

Considering I just posted a chapter saying sorry for not being able to follow a proper posting schedule, I might not be the best person to ask this, but here's what I know from experience:

I waited a while from the moment I started writing If I Let You Know... and If You Let Me Know... until I actually started posting it. I didn't do that with fanfics I wrote later ("Illusion" and "Walking in the Wind") and I think it was a mistake.

So here's my advice: no matter how excited you are to share your stories, write ahead before you start posting. And if you're gonna follow a schedule, don't try to cover more than you can actually achieve.

I've learned that even if you think the story is writing itself, you might get to a point where you don't know how to continue, or how to link two parts. And if you have the pressure knowing that you have to post something that's not written yet, that will only lead to rushed writing that in my case results in shitty writing.

I'd rather wait until inspiration comes or great ideas make their way into my head that force myself to write.

That again, is only my POV. I ask myself for too much, I seek perfection and if I know my chapters are not gonna be great, I'd rather wait until that greatness comes than just post the first thing I've managed to write.

Just take your time to write your ideas and post them when you think they're ready. Your readers should understand this.

Hope that helped.

Much love, x.