18. Little Things

The light that enters through the blinds wakes me up. I bat my eyes yawning and reach for my mobile phone on the bedside table: 9:00.

I gasp and sit up, turning to Niall who is still deeply asleep.

"Niall..." I whisper gently shaking his arm, "it's 9:00"

"It's Niall's routine" he groans, "we sleep until 10:00"

"Didn't you have the rehearsal at 10:00?"

And as if he were a Jack-in-the-box, Niall jumps up and runs to the wardrobe.

"Shit! Basil will be here any minute!" he exclaims grabbing a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt and running to the shower.

I follow his steps, joining him in the bathroom.

"Can we take that shower together?" I smirk taking off my pjs trousers.

Niall's jaw drops.

"Don't do that, babe" he whines coming to me, "You know I can't resist you and we're going to be late and..."

The doorbell interrupts his speech.

"Must be Basil" I tease getting rid of the rest of my clothes, "Mind getting it? I have to take a shower"

"You've got to be fuckin kiddin me" Niall mutters as he walks out of the bathroom; "You're not gonna get away with this" he warns me with lusty eyes.

"Basil is waiting" I grin getting in the shower.

I take a quick shower and join Basil in the kitchen.

"Will you be attending the AMA's with him?" the bodyguard wants to know as we wait for Niall to finish showering.

"No" I shake my head, "I'd have to be back by Monday and it was impossible to fit in my schedule. I will be able to attend the X Factor final in December but I'm afraid that's the only event I'll go to"

"And the February tour"

"And the February tour" I nod.

Once Niall is ready, Basil drives us to the place where they'll be rehearsing. Liam and Harry are already there when we arrive, Louis arriving short after and Zayn being ten minutes late.

I spend most of the morning with the security team, while the boys rehearse the two songs they'll be performing; one at the AMA's and the second one at the ARIA awards.

We have lunch all together, a meal full of laughter and loud noises, before the boys head off to a second rehearsal that ends at mid-afternoon.

We say goodbye and go back to the city, where Niall wants to have an early dinner now that Basil is with us and we can go out without having to steal another free day from his bodyguard.