Prologue

The plane lands with a slight bump. I have finally arrived. I exhale deeply before leaving the aircraft and facing London's sun.

The luggage carousel is full of people and for a moment I wish I had sent the big suitcase with the rest of my belongings that arrived to the city a couple of days ago.

Minutes go by and I impatiently tap my foot on the ground.

I wouldn't mind waiting if I knew no one was waiting for me outside; but knowing there is and knowing who is makes the fear of hearing a roaring coming from the arrivals' terminal grow every time the clock ticks.

Luckily, the carousel starts going round and a couple of minutes later I have my suitcase with me. I put on the hat I was carrying in my hand and exit to the terminal.

Dozens of people await by the door, some with signs, some with flowers, stuffed toys or just with their presence.

For some reason, it reminds me of Love Actually's first scene.

I've always liked airports. Although they represent one of the things I fear the most in life: changes.

People leaving, people coming, people greeting each other, people saying goodbye. Smiles and tears, everything mixed in just one place.

I go on my tiptoes and search for him.

I know he won't be standing in the front, because none of us wants him to be spotted; but even so, his little bun that makes him a bit taller than he already is makes him stand out in the crowd.

He is looking down at his phone but as if he had sensed my presence, he looks up and a smirk appears on his face before putting his phone down and coming to me.

He opens his arms and so do I, and we both hug each other tight.

"How was your flight?" he asks taking my suitcase and walking to the airport's parking.

"Long" I answer rolling my eyes.

He chuckles and opens the boot of his car, putting my suitcase on it.

"You want to put the jacket there too?" he asks.

"Yeah" I sigh, taking it off and putting it in the boot; "I thought it'd be colder. After all, it's almost middle-September"

He opens the door for me and walks around the car to sit on the driver's seat.

"You're skinnier" he states looking at me from head to toe.

"I'm not" I jump, "not after all the ice creams I've had this summer"

He chuckles and starts the engine, driving away.

"Looking forward to what's about to come?" he asks, glancing at me before his eyes focus on the road again.

"I am" I answer with the biggest of smiles, "I really, really am"

He smiles and I can see a dimple forming on his cheek. I can't help but stare at him, a huge smile still printed on my face.

"Wha?" he asks laughing.

"Nothing!" I laugh too, then I look out the window; "I'm just really excited to be here"

He smiles again.

"I would be too" he says nodding, "I've missed you, Victoria"

I smile and look at him.

"I missed you too, Harry"