20. It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

"How could Niall not tell me?" I ask Harry on the laptop as I pace up and down my room.

"He was specifically asked not to" he answers, refusing to look at me.

"How could you not tell me?"

"I,... I just didn't find the best moment"

"There's not a best moment for the 'Hey, I might be dating your best friend' talk. Are you even dating?" I say looking at the screen.

"We're just waiting to see how it goes. We're still trying to figure some things out. Nobody was supposed to know about us"

"Well, clearly, you didn't do a very good job with that"

The image of Harry kissing Valeria doesn't leave my mind. Valerry is trending topic on Twitter, and the picture some paparazzi snapped is everywhere. And even though I'm happy with the fact that they've gotten together, I can't believe neither of them told me about it.

"I... I thought you wouldn't hide something like that from me" I confess looking down.

"We were going to tell you" Harry repeats.

He looks pretty weigh down.

"I'm sorry" he apologizes, "You can talk to Valeria on Saturday, and she'll tell you everything. She's on her way back to London now. Her flight left a couple of hours later than ours"

The boys are already in Australia, where they'll stay for the following week.

"Does she know about this?" I ask, finally laying on my bed and looking at the camera.

"I'm not sure. Would you please check on her when she lands?" Harry asks me.

"Of course" I assure.

Yeah, I might be a little mad because they both hid their relationship from me. "There isn't even a real relationship" I remind myself. But that doesn't change the fact that they didn't tell me. And that bothers me. Because they're two of the people I would tell everything to, yet they haven't been able to tell me about something that also affects me.

However, I've never been resentful, and both Valeria and Harry are my best friends so...

"I'll talk to you when I talk to her" I say before blowing a kiss to him and making my way to the kitchen to cook lunch.

Valeria didn't know Valerry had become a thing and as soon as she lands and finds out, I'm the first person she calls.

"We need to talk" is the first thing she say when I pick up the phone.

"Well, hello to you too" I chuckle, "I know what you're going to tell me, I spoke to Harry. But I won't say no to an evening of shopping and a cup of coffee over the latest news of your life"

Valeria sighs, relieved and giggles.

"Deal"

I check on her everyday from Monday on, but it's not until Saturday when we finally get the chance to hang out.

'On my way to Harrods for a chicas evening' I text Niall, 'Can't wait to see you. Only two more days :) Love u xx'

The answer arrives in no time at all.

Niall: Miss u like crazy. Only two more days, have fun. Love u more xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And a picture of him blowing a kiss attached.