28. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room

I exit the bathroom with the test on my hands. They're shaking a lot worse than they were before, and I feel my brain pumping.

I walk to Harry and Niall looking down. When I arrive to where they are, I hand the test to Niall with a serious look. Harry asks me with his eyes and I nod, letting him peer over Niall's shoulder.

"Y-y-you didn't take it" Harry mumbles looking up to me.

I shake my head.

"I just got my period"

Harry's face lights up.

"Is,... is this a good thing?"

I look down and chuckle.

"Yeah" I answer giggling, "I guess it is"

Niall looks at me, then at Harry who is also smiling and then back to me again.

"Wait, you really thought you were pregnant?" he asks.

I look down in silence.

"I thought you were joking" he scoffs, "Why did he know about this?" he asks pointing at Harry.

I look at Harry, and find him already staring, not really understanding.

"You didn't know?" Harry pulls a face looking at Niall and turns to me again.

My look gives him the answer. His face drops and he stares blankly at me.

"Harry..." I start saying, but he doesn't let me finish.

"Don't"

"Harry, please" I say, my eyes filling with tears.

Harry shakes his head and leaves the room.

"Harry, wait!"

"You told him and not me?" Niall asks, still in shock; "Is he the father or something?"

"What?" I jump, turning to him; "No! Niall, how could you...?"

"Guys, the vans are waiting!" Sally shouts from the corridor.

"Unbelievable" Niall scoffs and storms out of the room, almost knocking Liam down.

"Woah, mate! Careful!" he laughs.

"What's wrong?" Zayn asks when he sees Niall's face.

"I'll tell you what's wrong!" Niall shouts, "Vic here thought she could be pregnant and instead of telling me she went to fuckin Harry!"

Silence fills the corridor. I exit the room to see almost half of the crew staring at me. As soon as I appear on the doorframe, they resume whatever they were doing.

Niall walks to the elevator, where Harry awaits, and makes his way to the stairs, avoiding his bandmate. I stand still, nailed to my spot, feeling my heart beating quickly and everything around me happening in slow motion.

"Excuse me, I have to change" I mumble walking to my room and closing the door behind me.

What just happened?

I put on a pair of skinny jeans, a jumper and my favourite boots, grabbing my coat and a beanie on my way out. I almost knock down a figure who was waiting by the door.

"What are you doing here?" I ask pulling a face.

"You were not going to leave to the stadium on your own, were you?"