Chapter 17

You crouch lower behind the bushes you were hiding behind, Hiro to your right, a Rune Knight to your left named Paul and five other knight behind the three of you. For years he'd been Hiro's right hand man, he was nice enough, blonde hair and brown eyes. But he was too serious for the two of you to really get along. Hiro, however, you got on fine with. Just like when he was a kid.

Right now, you were all watching a house. A small, wooden house in the middle of the woods that had taken you two weeks to find. Everything had told you so far that in there, in that house, was the man that tried to kill you and the Fiore all those years ago. But to you, it felt like yesterday. You could still remember the cackle of that awful man that caught you, twice, the cold, hard stones of your prison cell and worst of all, you can remember the feeling of the life being sucked out of you, slowly.

You shook your head, clearing it of any distant thought to the task a hand and looked over to Hiro, who was already looking at you. You both nodded at the same time and immediately the guards behind you started to move, circling the trees and trapping the house and its inhabitant.

The man, who you know knew was called Lin, in the house, was hard to find. There wasn't a lot of records on Lin but a month ago a Librarian informed us that his family could be traced back Oshibana Town, but no one there seemed to know anything about a Lin Allsopp. But that was because his family lived in the woods outside of Oshibana Town.

It was a smart move, he couldn't be traced, he never went into the town which made all of you believe you hit a dead end. It was when you were surfing to the next town over and saw a cabin in the woods near the town that gave you the idea to look further than the town. It paid off.

You both looked at Paul who tapped a finger to his lips as he too disappeared into the woods to circle the cabin. Hiro gave you a grin before doing the same. Hiro was a Rune Knight as well. A high ranking Rune Knight thanks to his power and training from a young age. Lahar took good care of him, and for that you were ever grateful.

The lights were on the house, and thick grey smoke was endlessly being pumped out of the chimney. But there was no sign of movement or even magic. You had all checked ever cabin in the surrounding woods, the only sign that this was the one you were all looking for was the markings on the door. The old symbol for his one-man guild, Dark Lightning. Two lightning bolts coming out of a cloud.

The plan was thoroughly discussed before coming here. Paul, as he wasn't known by Lin, would enter first. Me, Hiro and the other knights are to wait outside in case he tried to escape and it's our job to catch him so that he can stand trial, and then you could go back to Fairytail, to Laxus.

You watched patiently as Paul slowly emerged from the bushed, his back straight and his head held high as he approached the front door. Two knocks echoed clearly around the forest and the forest held its breath. You could barely see the door behind Pauls frame as it slowly opened.

"Hello," Paul greeted, "may I come in?"

A voice laughed and you immediately recognized the voice, "are you here to arrest me?" The voice goaded.

"Are you Lin Allsopp?" Paul asked, his hand going to his sword that was hanging off his hip.

"Why yes," the voice said merrily, "but wouldn't the lovely miss (Y/N) behind you been able to tell you that." I froze and Paul immediately drew his sword and took a defensive position. But his mere sword wouldn't stand a chance against Lin's magic. Lin held out a single hand and chanted a spell, "wind storm!"

Paul yelled as he went flying backward, he hit a tree hard and immediately went unconscious. Both you and Hiro jumped out of the bushes at the same time, and Lin flashed all of his teeth in an evil grin. He glanced between the two of you, and slowly stared walking towards the two of you and out the front door.