Chapter 1

Laxus watched the happy, cheerful and drunk people from his dark corner of the bar. All things he wished he was. Especially drunk. But, with his now, tight budget, he was forced to slowly sip at his pitcher. He didn't mind that much though; it would probably be better if the Ale wasn't so awful. He could only really stomach a sip at a time. A loud cheer filled the air as a man collapsed, the pitcher in his hands spilling over the floor. Too drunk. A small smile graced his lips as he remembered seeing something similar happen many times before when someone thought they could go against Cana. She didn't even need to use her cards to know your future if you challenged her to drinking match. You would lose.

His smile quickly dropped. He was forced from his home. He was stupid and cruel. Now he was gone he realised how much those people were his family. And more importantly, how much he missed them. Especially his team. He even missed the pink haired idiot. But now, he was alone. It was his fault. He would never let himself forget.

A man with black hair in a white cloak suddenly appeared in the middle of the bar. His eyes quickly scanning the area before quickly shimmering out again. Teleportation. What caught Laxus attention however was the uniform. The dark Ankh symbol proudly showed him to be a Rune Knight. Who were the magic council looking for here? It wasn't exactly a nice part of town; it wasn't a really bad part either though. The people in here were drunk but from their work uniforms he doubted they would start any trouble.

The man appeared again, this time holding the arm of another man. This man had glasses and a low ponytail. He too had a dark Ankh symbol on his chest. They spoke between each other in hushed voices, that even Laxus' Dragon Slayer hearing couldn't pick up. Suddenly they both turned and looked towards Laxus. Although hidden by the shadows, he was still an imposing figure with an immense amount of magical energy that he couldn't hide. Glancing at each other they both stalked towards the tables Laxus was seated.

When they were in front of the table the one with glasses spoke, "Mr. Laxus Dreyar?" He asked.

"Who's asking?" Laxus grumbled, taking another sip of his drink. Holding back the cringe at the taste.

"My name is Lahar and this," he gestured to the man next to him, "is my partner Doranbolt. We are here on behalf of the Magic Council," he informed.

Laxus put down his drink and leaned forward, "and what, does the Magic Council, want with me?" His tone held accusation. In the few months he's been excommunicated he hadn't done anything but go from bar to bar. Drinking away his sorrows.

The one known as Doranbolt stepped forward, "if you are Laxus Dreyar we are here to request his services for a paid job. If you are not, please let us know so that we can leave." Laxus smirked, straight to the point. He pondered whether or not he should tell them. But then, he felt that the universe was giving him a chance. A chance to redeem himself. Despite all their rules and stupid regulations, the Magic Council were justice in Fiore. And for all the injustice he caused in Fairytail, it seemed too much of a coincidence to pass over.

"Well, you found me," came his gruff response. The two passed a look before turning their attention back to the lightning dragon slayer.

"Would you be willing to take the job?" Lahar asked.

Laxus downed his drink and nodded, "I don't have anything better to do." A look of relief passed the duo's face. Laxus stood up, adjusting his signature fur lined coat and running his fingers through his blonde hair. Creating that rugged look he loved.

Doranbolt grabbed his arm and as quickly as they arrived the duo disappeared from the bar with Laxus in tow. They appeared outside, where both the Knights took deep breaths and signalled Laxus to follow them. Not liking being told what to do, but too curious to argue he followed them through the town.