Chapter 59 - Worry

Start from the beginning

"Shut up..." I tried to block my ears.

"Which means that they don't show mercy." he didn't even hesitate saying everything.

"It can't be..." I was getting more and more frustrated.

"They must have already killed him."

"NO!" I cried out.

I tried to run away but he hugged me tightly, hindering me to do so.

"Let me go! Let me go to him! He can't be dead. He mustn't be dead! Let me go Gaee..." I was struggling hard but I lost my strength soon due to my crying.

Gaee put me on the ground gently, caressing my head for comfort.

"Let it out. Cry as much as you like to."

"He isn't dead. There's no way that he's dead. Please Gaee, let me go search for him." I sobbed.

"I can't. I bet they are all still searching for you. I just found this cottage by accident, we still have to get out from here."

"How should I live when he left me? Why is JeonHa doing this to us? I don't understand it. Why would he be so cruel? I thought he was kind and gentle."

"Kings are all the same. Don't worry, Mooyeon. I will take care of you until my death. That's my responsibility as TaeTae's friend." he promised which calmed me down a little bit.

"Keep dreaming." we heard a panting, weak voice say and out of reflex, Gaee darted a knife to the direction where the voice came from.

The knife flew back and slashed into a tree after I heard the sound of two blades hitting on each other.

"I just came back from the door to Hell and now I see you hugging my wife and trying to kill me?" I heard the familiar voice say.

"Taehyung..." my eyes grew wide as I saw him leaning against a tree, holding his chest.

"Couldn't you let me enjoy this a little more?" Gaee complained, letting me go.

"Since when did you know that I was here?" Taehyung asked.

"Since your wife started to cry for you." Gaee grinned widely.

So he just fooled me while I was crying my heart out? That's it, I'm going to beat him later so hard.

I went to Taehyung to check where and how bad he was injured because he looked really bad.

"Are you alright? Did they wound you anywhere? Let me look." I nervously fumbled him literally everywhere until he collapsed to the ground.

"Taehyung! What happened? Don't scare me!" I panicked and as a respond I just saw him smiling.

"This was the best fight I had after years." he praised.

...

"What?" I didn't get the situation, whether it was bad or good.

"TaeTae, did you fight with all of them? Did you lose or win?" Gaee asked as if they were talking about a game.

"Jungkook improved a lot." Taehyung said. "He took 3 steps back while I had to took 17 steps back."

"Ha?" Gaee looked shocked and stepped back as if he was reacting the scene. "Doesn't that mean that you lost?"

"He spluttered blood, I didn't." Taehyung grinned.

"Thank Heaven, my bro can't lose against anyone but me." Gaee cheered.

My eyes wandered around them two, struggling what kind of reaction I should have at the moment.

"Are you that afraid for me?" Taehyung asked me reaching his hand for my cheek. "I won't die so easily."

I couldn't help but let another tear escape my eyes. Seeing him was such a relief that I almost forgot that I got pranked.

I blinked the tear away and acted as if I was pissed.

"I shouldn't have been worried." I said and went back into the cottage.

"Wait, Mooyeon... Ouch! Help your husband to the bed!" he called. "Your husband is hurt!"

I ignored him as I smiled to myself secretly, happy to see him again.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Another day passed and we were busy in treating Taehyung's body before we could continue our journey to who knows where.

It didn't matter where we should go. The most important thing was that we mustn't be found by JeonHa's people.

Slowly, I began to doubt our actions, my actions. Who knows how long we could hide from them? If they find us, will we be as lucky as the last time?

Why was I thinking about the word 'luck'? Taehyung got seriously injured only because he wanted to save me. Nothing could be more unlucky than that.

If something like this ever happen again, I would never be able to let Taehyung do the same again.

I was that deep in thoughts while cooking the medicine for Taehyung as I didn't even notice someone approaching me.

I turned around and a blade was already placed on my shoulder, dangerously near to my throat.

♡"Stand still and don't make any sounds."♡