When I got back to the home , Tashie kidnapped me up to her room .

“How was it !” She squealed .

“Fine , I guess” I replied , “They brought us all in to talk about it , then we had to sign some stuff .”

“Was the band there ?”

I shook my head .

“Did you meet the other kids getting adopted ?”

“Yeah . They're all really nice . Sam , Charles and Pommie .”

“Pommie ? Is she British ?”

“No , it's just a nickname .”

Tashie continued asking me questions like that until Cait called us down for dinner . Tashie didn't touch hers , she was deep in thought . I scoffed it down hungrily , in attempt to avoid any other questions . It worked too , people would look over at me , mouths open as if about to ask something , then see I was busy and look away again .

After dinner , I got up to go to my room . Tashie followed closely behind me , badgering me still about the interview .

“Goodnight” I said when I got to my room .

“It's only seven o clock” She objected .

Can't you take a hint ?!

“Yeah , well “ I yawned theatrically , “Long day , you know … I'll see you in the morning , Tashie .”

“Night” She said warily , before sauntering of down the corridor .

I sank to the ground , realizing how tired I actually was . Half-asleep , I locked my bedroom door , for no reason that I can think of , and fell into bed .

The next morning , I awoke by myself .

“Wednesday” I muttered . “What do I have on Wednesday ...”

I had a class schedule in there somewhere . I glanced around my cluttered room , and smiled weakly .

“I can't wait to move out ...”

When we got to school , Tashie and I walked up to our lockers .

“Sasha !” Cried Tashie , running forward . A tall , pale girl with straight red hair looked back at her .

“Tashie !” The girl yelled .

They ran at each other and hugged . I grinned to myself . I'd love to have a best friend like that .

“Hazel , this is Sasha “ Tashie said , turning around to face me , “Remember,I told you about her ?”

“Oh , yeah” I said , “Hey , Sasha . I'm Hazel . It's really cool to meet you .”

“You too” Sasha said smiling . She flipped her hair over her shoulder in an attempt to look cool . It worked .

“Where's your locker ?” She asked me , looking me up and down casually . I suddenly felt uncomfortable ad self conscious in my skinny jeans and t-shirt .

“Beside Tashie's “ I answered,pleased that my voice sounded much more confident than how I felt .

Sasha nodded . “Well , I'm right here” She told me , pointing to an open locker beside us . “If you need me .” I could almost hear her saying , please don't .

“I'll talk to you two later” I said quickly , before carrying on to my locker .

“Now what the hell was my combination ?” I asked .