Chapter Nineteen

"Is anyone here?" I shakily asked, seeing nothing in the void of darkness that was consuming me. I shivered at a light breeze that seemed to circle and cage my entire body.

"Please, someone?" I plead, bringing my short legs to take more steps. I was forcing my body to move as if it was slowly being frozen and I couldn't stop it. I gasped when I saw a dim, light. It seemed, very thin, but it was there. With my heart, beating quickly, I raced to the small sliver of light, hoping it would bring me something. Anything.

My eyes watered with tears, as reached the small hope of light. I felt around it, feeling the bottom of a door. I slipped my fingers underneath it, suddenly feeling the warmth. I smiled, pulling at the doorknob once I felt it. My smile soon, faded, when I stepped into the room.

"Droy?" I asked, seeing my best friend, tied to the wall from his hands. His feet, dangling off the ground. He was covered in deep gashes and large purple blotches. My eyes widened as I saw the man that helped me, that lonely night.

"J-Jet?" His dangling from no better then Droy's. His eyelids hung open, as blood, trickling down the corner of his mouth.

"No, no, Wendy!" I screamed, running over to the small girl pinned to the dirty wall. Her normal pigtails, lopsided and ready to come, undone. Her usually well-kept clothes, tattered and soaked with crimson. Freshwater fell from my eyes, as I hugged the corpse of the girl, I hoped to aid. But that hope was gone.

"This is all your fault."

I turned around, seeing Gajeel, a couple feet behind me. His large arm, clutching his bleeding side. His limping state, made my heart shatter. His once, caring eyes, were now piercing through me with no mercy.

"It's all YOUR FAULT!!" He yelled, gritting his teeth together. I grabbed my chest, feeling a hard pain pushing down on it.

"Gajeel...... I'm so sorry I-"

"Screw you. Screw you and your pathetic sorries. It doesn't matter anymore." He coughed, spitting out blood. It hurt me so much to see him like this. So..... much. The pain in my chest grew, but I fought against it, trying to earn my steady breaths again.

"If it weren't for you, none of us would be in this mess! Wendy wouldn't have.... have died and I wouldn't be here, cursing you and wishing you were the one that was dead."

I couldn't take it. I couldn't take his rejection. Please, anyone, anyone reject me. Tell me to die. Just.... not him. He scowled at me before closing his eyes and falling to the floor.

"GAJEEL!!!" I screamed, jumping over to him, falling with a scrape of my knees beside him. I saw his stomach was bleeding, and the blood was coming fast. Almost like a river, with a strong current.

"Gajeel no!!! Not you too! Don't leave me!" I plead, placing both hands on his heart and pushing down, repeatedly. I shook my head, my tears, falling into my arms that were trying to restart his heart.

"I-I love you....." I wheezed, using all my remaining strength to try to save him. The pressure on my chest was getting worse by the minute, and I was nearly running out of breath.

"And that's just the problem." A horribly familiar voice hissed, as I felt a hand grab a fist full of my hair and pull me up by it.

"Everyone you care about seems to just.... die." My mother spat, throwing the word die around like it was any other thing you would say. But it wasn't. The very word brings horrible sadness when mentioned. It brings back memories of people...

"Y-You're wrong," I stated, trying my hardest to ignore the terrible weight on my chest.

"Oh am I?" She challenged, shoving me to the ground.

"Look around! Everything you care about is gone. Doesn't it feel bad, to be the loser?" She laughed, wickedly. My eyes scanned the room, looking at all the people that were dead. Including... Gajeel. My love..... my...... life. The very reason I wanted to live. And now that he's gone......

"This can't be real. This can't be real. This can't be real...." I kept cheating, bringing my knees up to my chest and closing my eyes.

"Please, don't leave me."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Ah!" I shot up, panting heavily. My eyes, darting around the room. I frowned, seeing no dead bodies hanging on the wall. No blood smeared across the floor. The pain in my chest, completely gone. Instead, I was greeted with warm sheets and a peaceful room. The light from the window, leaked into the room, giving it a sort of life.

No matter how many times I told myself it wasn't real, I couldn't slow down my heartbeat or even calm my breathing. I grabbed a nearby pillow, squeezing it tightly. I couldn't shake the feeling that was something was still up.

"Shrimp?"

I heard the doorknob turn, and the door slowly opens with a creak. There he was. The man, that was, supposedly, dead, standing at the doorway. His wild mess of hair was even more unruly than it normally was, letting a few strands fall on his face. His features looked tried, as he rubbed one of his crimson eyes.

"I thought I heard you." He smirked, closing the white door and coming towards me. As soon as he sat next to my small frame, my breathing slowed, and my heart beat calmed. It was like, his very presence was healing me.

"Sorry I woke you....." I mumbled, hugging the pillow tighter. He ruffled my hair, causing me to lightly pout.

"It doesn't matter. I'd much rather be here with you than sleeping alone." He shrugged, probably missing the blush covering my face because of the darkness. I could only see parts of his face, where the moonlight hit.

"Hey, yer crying...." He frowned, cupping my chin so I was facing him. He sighed, brushing away the stray water with his thumb.

"It was just..... a bad dream....."

It didn't feel like a dream. It felt..... so.... real. I could feel the sore part of my head where my mother pulled, I could feel the stickiness of the blood, I couldn't still feel the sadness from realizing that Gajeel was..... But no. He was right here. Beside me.

"I'm just so glad you're alive." I breathed, jumping on him and actually feeling his live body. He stiffened for a second, before returning my hug and snuggling himself closer to me, if possible. As more tears, began to fall, I planted small kisses all over his neck, and collarbone.

"Don't ever die on me again," I commanded, giving him in the last kiss on his jaw.

"I don't know what yer talking about, but I like where this is going."

"Pervert." I scoffed, lightly slapping his arm and sniffling. He chuckled, pulling me closer.

"You love me." He said, tracing the back of my neck with his finger. I shivered, resting my forehead against his chest.

"Yeah, I do."

----------------------

Hola, my awesome Gale shippers! I know this chapter was mostly her dream, but I got the idea and decided to squeeze it in ^-^ school has been...... ahem. Let's just say it's getting in the way of my writing. BUUUUT I will always find time to write! Even if that's at four in the morning XD