Chapter Eight

"It's so beautiful......" I whispered, staring at the brilliant colors of the sky. The morning sun, was just barely hovering over the horizon. A small breeze made my blue hair slightly bouncy. I loved being on my balcony. Just the peace and the quiet made me love it that much more. Even though being on the balcony was very relaxing, I still couldn't stop thinking about Gajeel.

"Why did he get mad when Arvid told me I was cute?" I wondered, out loud. One minute he's telling me to keep my mouth shut and to just pretend to like him, then the next he's being protective. It made really, no sense. I had been thinking about it for the past couple days and not even a possible answer reached my mind.

"Men are confusing," I mused, giggling slightly. I turned my head around when I heard a slight knock on the door.

"Come in," I said, eyeing the dark wooden door. I slowly swung open, to reveal a maid. She was different than the one who always brought me my meals. She had platinum blonde hair, with light brown highlights. Her eyes were a brilliant baby blue, with a hint of green towards the bottom of her pupil.

"Mr. Redfox asked you to come down for breakfast," She almost whispered. She seemed.......almost frightened to tell me. I froze. Gajeel wanted to have breakfast with me? But he always made the maids bring me my meals......

"Are you sure he asked for me?" I asked, stepping away from my place on the balcony.

"Yes, he asked for Levy. You are Levy aren't you?" She asked, almost studying me.

"I am......" I nodded, playing with my fingers. A habit that I just recently noticed. It's so weird how I can do things, but not even realize I'm doing them.

"I'll see you downstairs," She said, lightly bowing and exiting the room. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed my brush. I quickly fixed up my messy hair and took off my sleeping attire. I slipped on an orange dress that was laying on the counter and headed towards the stairs. The dress was very short. It had a large, white bow on the hem, and it was sleeveless.

"Hi, Levy!!" A child's voice exclaimed. I automatically knew it was Wendy. I smiled, as I approached the table where Wendy and Gajeel were sitting at. The table was a dark brown, with very high chairs because the table itself was pretty high up. It was taller than me, but that's not saying much considering my size.

"It's nice to see you, Wendy," I informed, seeing her eyes twinkle with delight. She squealed, jumping up and hugging me. I hugged her back and smelled a very pleasant smell. She was wearing the perfume my mother used to wear, back when she cared about her appearance.

"So," I started, untangling myself from her grasp.

"How have you been?" I asked, even though I just saw her yesterday. She giggled and nearly jumped out of her chair.

"I've been really good! Ever since Gajeel told me we would be having breakfast together I've been excited!" She almost yelled, throwing her hands up in the air. I almost gasped, at how shocked I was. It felt very.......odd to have someone care about me so much and want to be with me as much as Wendy did.

"I'm glad we're having breakfast together too!" I said, smiling brightly at her. I tried to get onto the chair, but I nearly fell back. I tried again, but my height cursed me again. I could hear Gajeel chuckle.

"Need a hand there, Shrimp?" He asked, smirking. There it was again. That nickname. The nickname that made my stomach do summersaults. Sure, it was kind of rude to call me that, I myself didn't know why I liked such a name.

"I'm ok, thank you," I said, stubbornly. I hated when I needed help with things that involved my height. It was my biggest insecurity. One that always got in the way. I struggled to put my foot on the bar that was placed halfway on the legs of the chair. I wobbled a bit but regained my lost balance.

"Levy!" Wendy yelled when my foot slipped off and was sent flying back. Before I could hit the ground, I hit a soft surface. I looked up to see none other then Gajeel's face.

"Next time, let me help ya, short stuff." He huffed, grabbing both my shoulders, placing me on the chair. I could tell I was blushing, but what I couldn't do was stop myself. I heard Wendy giggle, which made me blush even more.

"You look like a tomato!" Wendy exclaimed, clutching her stomach at how much she was laughing. I laughed along with her and tried to make my blush die down a bit. After I and Wendy calmed down, a couple different men and women came into the dining room. They each wore a white apron, that was tied neatly in the back. Underneath the apron, lay a uniform. The uniform was different for each gender.

"Oh yay! Pancakes!" Wendy cheered, as a steaming plate of delicious looking pancakes was placed in front of her. A plate was set in front of Gajeel, then myself. Wendy's had chocolate chip are planted all over the surface. Gajeel's had specks of blue inside the golden brown circle, indicating that he had blueberry. Mine was plain. And it didn't really bother me.

"Gajeel, you're needed," A very low voice stated. I nearly jumped out my seat, which wouldn't have ended very well. I looked back, to see a very large cat enter the room. He stood on two legs. His fur was a light brown, and he had a scar across one of his eyes. A soft, white beard lay gently on the tip of his chin. He was wearing a black suit, with a red tie. Much like Gajeel.

"What?" Gajeel asked, raising a studded brow. The large cat came closer the table before answering.

"Mrs. Dragneel needs your presence," He explained, fixing his blood red tie. Gajeel sighed and stood up from his place on his seat.

"Who's this?" He asked, turning his attention to me. My eyes widened, and I began lightly shaking. Something about him was very intimidating. Maybe it was the fact that he could probably break my arm without even trying with his muscle-filled arms.

"No need to worry Levy, Pantherlily won't hurt you," Wendy said as if she was reading my mind. Did I really look that afraid?

"This is Shrimp," Gajeel said, patting my head. I pouted and crossed my arms. Pantherlily chuckled and shook his head. So this is Pantherlily......

"Her actual name is Levy. Gajeel and her are going to get married!" Wendy explained, hoping in her seat. My fatal blush returned, so I slightly turned my head to the side.

"Really? I didn't know Gajeel had a girl. Heck, I didn't know a girl could look at him without running away!" Pantherlily mused, holding in his laughter.

"Oi!" Gajeel snapped, punching him in the arm. I bet he didn't even feel it though.

"It was nice to meet you, Levy," Pantherlily said, still laughing from Gajeel's outburst. He stuck his hand out and I shook it.

"Wow," I whispered, looking at my hand in his.

"What is it?" He asked. I froze. Did he hear me?

"O-Oh! I was just s-surprised at how much bigger your hand is then m-mine......" I awkwardly said, sighing at the end. He looked at me for a second, then he looked at our hands.

"I guess you're right," He laughed, pulling his hand away.

"If you keep on flirting with my girl I'll have to fire you," Gajeel smirked, turning his head to me. There he goes again. Making me blush.

-------------------------------
Hi everyone! *sweatdrops* heh...... I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update recently! I know, I know, no excuses. I promise I'll definitely update way more often. For me, school starts in two weeks so I still have some summertime left! Since my other book Shattered is coming to an end, I have a short story planned *rubs hands together* and of course, it's going to be Gale hehe.