Chapter Five

"W-Well Mr. Redfox, it's a pleasure to m-meet you!" I stuttered, forcing a smile. Maybe it wasn't a pleasure yet. 

"Tch. Not for me. I'm only marrying you cuz I need to look like an 'actual man' plus, none of my brothers are married. So I need to be." He growled, rolling his eyes. I shut my mouth, looking down. 

"I-I'm sorry if I'm causing y-you any trouble....."

"Damn right you are! Let's just do this, you do your thing, and I'll do mine. We don't have to even speak to each other. Just act like your 'happily married' or whatever crap you want." He barked, narrowing his beautiful eyes. Why am I even thinking like this? Why do I have to see the good in everyone?! 

"I-If that's what you w-want...." I whispered.

"Then it's settled. WENDY!!" He screamed, looking to the side. 

"Yes?" Asked a small girl, running towards us. She had long, dark blue hair, pulled into a single ponytail. 

"Show her," He said, pointing to me, "her room. I need to get back to work." He growled, violently pushing his chair back, and walked towards another room.

I could still hear his loud footsteps, even when he was far away. 

"Hello!" Wendy chirped, smiling up at me. 

"Hi! My name is Levy!" I sang, also smiling. My light blue hair, slightly bouncing. 

"Follow me!" She said, skipping towards the staircase. I giggled, at her skipping state. She seemed so happy, so calm. Just like I was. That is until dad died.

I followed her up the stairs. I felt weightless. Since the staircase was glass, when I looked down, it was transparent so I felt as if I was somehow floating. Wendy was wearing a simple, white dress. The neckline and bottom were lined with black lace. It was sleeveless and looked very cute on a girl like her.

It also matched with her dark hair. She leads me down a long hallway. The walls were a painted a giant gray, and the floors were a deep brown. Every couple steps I took, was another door. Many doors lined the walls, meaning that he had, probably, a lot of spare rooms. We came to a stop, at the end of the hallway. There were two, rather large, white doors.

Differentiating from the other doors, which were black. Wendy opened the door, to the room right beside the two white doors. I shyly walked in. I gasped at the size of the room. The walls were painted a light blue, along with a white frame around the flooring, which was a very light brown.

I saw a large bed, decorated with a white comforter and dark blue pillows. Beside the bed, were two nightstands, on each side of the bed. They were a metallic silver, the light shining down from the large lamp above, reflected nicely on it. I saw a white door beside the bed, I guessed it was a bathroom. On the far right side of the room, there were two large windows.

They revealed a balcony, painted black. 

"Do you like it?" Asked the small girl behind me. 

"Yes! Very much so!" I answered, jumping up and down. 

"That's good!" Wendy replied, smiling to herself. I looked back and saw her smiling brightly, looking down at the floor. 

"If I may ask, why are you smiling so much?" I asked, giggling.

"Oh! I'm so glad my brother will marry someone like you!" She answered, locking eyes with me. 

"W-Well, thank you!" I said, playing with my ring, once again. 

"My brother might seem mean, but he's actually really nice! I'm so glad that you'll get to know him! He needs some good in his life!" She sang, clapping her hand together.