Chapter One

DISCLAIMER: STORY INCLUDES ABUSE THEMES WHICH MAY BE TRIGGERING TO SOME AUDIENCES

My head throbbed as I awoke from my slim slumber. A little ray of sunlight escaped my window. Shimmering rays of orange and yellow, contrasting well with the sky blue color of my walls. I rubbed my tired eyes to find more clarity.

As I sat up, my white comforters slid off my shoulders, falling, as if my body was a mountain, and it was water. My messy, curling locks framed my face in an uncomfortable way. I once more tried to rub the sleep from my refusing eyes. I managed to fully sit up.

I slide to the side to get off my heavenly mattress. My feet twitched slightly, as they touched the cold ground. My toes found a soft material, in which I slide my feet into. Now, that I had on my soft, pink slippers, I could arise from my bed.

I slowly trudged to my bathroom, my fingertips gently brushed the doorframe as I walked by. The sweet smell of vanilla filled my nose. I looked to the side to see a dimly lit, white candle, sitting at the edge of the small countertop. I smiled at the candle, glad one of my friends put it there.

They were my servants, but I treated them as friends. My mother, on the other hand, treated them like little rats needing to be exterminated. She treated the garden works even worse. But she treated me, worst of all. I missed her old self; her singing me to sleep, her gentle touch, her sweet smile. Now, she drowned herself in the sweet escape of alcohol. Refusing to get therapy.

I picked up my new hairbrush and positioned it at the start of my hair. I pulled down, it slowly made its way to the bottom of my hair, pulling, at the roots. My frilly blue hair bounced everywhere all the time. My mother used to call them tentacles because sometimes, they looked like small octopus arms.

Once my unruly hair was in place, I slipped on a black headband. A couple baby hairs escaped the headband's grasp, but it didn't bother me. I looked to the side, to see a black dress, hanging from a white hanger. It was a long black dress, in which the neckline, was white. It was sleeveless, and a little tight. I stripped out of my sleeping attire and gently took the dress off of its hanger.

As as I did so, I caught a glimpse of the thin line of metal on my ring finger. A small design, engraved into it. "I miss you." I croaked, unshed tears, welling in my eyes. I pushed them back as I put on the dress. I slipped off my slippers and exchanged them with a pair of black wedges. It only boosted my height the tiniest bit.

Considering my small size, I liked to wear high heels and wedges. In private school, when I was a child, kids used to tease and bully me because of my height. I used to come home crying, and my mother would cradle me in her slender arms. Now, she probably wouldn't care. Her lullabies turned into screams, her gentle touch, turned into hitting, her sweet smile, turned into an always relevant frown.

I sighed as I walked out of the bathroom. My wedges making a 'click' sound, as I walked. I opened my white door, which made a creaking sound. I stepped out and began to make my way to my mother's room. My heart racing as I walked to it. The walk seemed like an eternity. An eternity, in which, there was only fear.

My hands trembled as I turned the doorknob. The door opened to reveal my mother's room. The walls were a wine red, which contrasted nicely with the black flooring and white outline. Her nightstand was knocked over, along with several other items. Glass was scattered across the floor, and in the bed where she lay.

Her hair, a horrible mess. Mascara, ran down her face, her lipstick, staining around her lips. Her hands trembled as she took another sip of her almost empty booze bottle. A couple of already empty bottles, laying around her. Her hazel eyes flickered to me as I walked in. "G-Good morning mother," I spoke, shakily.

"It's great that you're here, can you fetch me a couple of beers from downstairs?" She asked as if she was asking for a piece of candy. "Mother, it's dad's birthday. We need to visit his grave." I explained, gently. "Oh, that can wait! Please get me a beer." She protested. Anger grew inside me. "You have to stay sober for this mom! And no, this can't wait! This is your husband's birthday! We have to visit his grave and you have to be respectful enough to stay sober!"

She raised an eyebrow. "You're the one who needs to be respectful! I'm your mother and you will do as I say." She growled, her grip tightening around her bottle. "No. You're not my mother. My mother has been gone ever since dad died. You've changed." I spat, my blood boiling. "You little..." She said, angrily. She got up from her bed and slapped me, hard.

I fell to the ground. "You will respect me." She spat, digging her heel into my stomach. Tears fell down my face. She took her heel out of my stomach and grabbed my collar. She pulled me up from it causing me to whimper. "Now, scram!" She screamed, throwing me out to the hallway. I heard the door slam.

I heard a gasp and the clatter of heels against wood. "Mrs. Levy! Do you need help?" She asked, urgently. I looked up to see Virgo, her pink hair swaying from side to side. I put on a fake smile. "Oh, it's nothing," I said, getting up. Virgo put her hands on my shoulders and helped me up. "What's that!" She gasped, staring at where my mother hit me.

"Don't worry about it!" I said, strengthening my fake smile. "Are you sure?" She asked, concern clear on her face. "I'm sure!" I assured, even though it wasn't true. "Ok then..... If you need anything, just call for me ok?" I nodded. "I'm actually going out right now, but I'll be back soon! Bye, Virgo!" I explained, waving to her as I turned towards the stairs.

"Bye, Mrs. Levy!" She said, cheerfully. I was glad that someone cared about me. Since my mother, clearly didn't. Sure, maybe it was the alcohol talking, but my mother was barely sober anymore, so it didn't matter. I went over to the start of the white stairs. I rested my hand on the silver railing and went down. Taking each step, carefully.

Once I reached the end of the staircase, I walked towards the door. As I pasted the kitchen, out of the corner of my eye, I saw shelves and shelves of beer and vodka. The bottles, glistening in the early morning sun. I also passed by a hanging mirror. I stopped to look at my reflection.

I gasped when I saw how bad my bruise was. It was in the form of a disoriented hand. It was bright red with a dark purple outlining. I gently touched it and jumped back because of the pain. I sighed and went out the door. I walked across the cracked pavement of the road. I shivered slightly because of the cold breeze.

"Hey, look! It's short stuff!" A man called from across the street. I sped up. "Awwww are you so weak you can't talk back? Pathetic." He spat, anger in his voice. "Just leave me alone!" I yelled. I had, had enough this morning. "Just like your dad?" He snickered. I froze. Tears fell down my face. He was right.

I pushed through my sorrow and kept walking. In the distance, I heard him saying insults but I just ignored him. My dad, he died of an overdose of medicine. I never knew if he was trying to commit suicide. He seemed so happy... But things are not always what they seem. I always hoped that he didn't commit suicide. That he accidentally did it.

It would never have happened if I and my mom didn't leave him alone. We went to a mother-daughter thing at my old school, and he was left at the house. We came back and..... I started to cry again. As I approached the graveyard my cries turned into little sniffles.

I walked towards the back, where my father's grave laid. My heels, slightly sinking into the mushy ground. The tall grass tickled my legs, sending chills all over my body. I looked around to all the graves, a lot of them were old and worn down. But others looked pretty new. Most of them also had flowers laying in front of them.

I couldn't wrap my mind around the idea that all these graves, represented someone dead. It was hard to imagine. I soon got to my father's fairly new grave. It read:
Robert McGarden
Loving father, and husband
RIP
I picked up my dress and sat down in front of it. I laid my dress back down so it was sprawled around me. I smiled sweetly. "Hi, dad."

------------------------
Hello, my little droplets! New book! WOOOOPWOOOP! I got the idea for this a while ago, but I finally got to write it. I couldn't write it before because I had so many other books going on and it would be too much if I added this one. Anyways, remember to vote and comment, I love to hear from you!