Chapter Twenty-One

I shifted my position on the comfortable couch, bringing the light blue, fluffy blanket up to my chest. Hunched over my crossed legs, I bit my lip in anticipation, beginning to get to the best part of the book.

"How long has she been sitting there?" I heard Wendy ask, from the doorframe.

"Tch. For the entire day practically. She hasn't even taken her eyes off that book." Gajeel wined, huffing.

"Shrimp,"

Gajeel came closer to me, as he uttered my nickname. I barely even heard him, waiting to see if the heroine was going to make it out alive.

"Shrimp," He said again, more irritated. He sighed, crouching down to kiss my neck, letting his lips linger there for a couple brief moments. I didn't even move, too captivated by the book to even acknowledge his existence.

"See what I mean?" He growled, glaring at me. Wendy faintly giggled. Without even seeing it coming, the book was snatched out of my hands, and brung into the air. I looked up, seeing Gajeel smirking at me.

"Gajeel! What do you even think you're doing?!" I growled, getting up and putting my hands on my hips. His smirk grew, as he spun the book in his hands a couple times.

"C'mon, Shrimp. I'm just tryin' to get you to pay attention to anything besides this book."

I glared at him, reaching up to grab it. He shook his head, lifting it higher into the air. My fingertips, not even brushing the rough fabric of the cover.

"Give it back!" I commanded, starting to jump slightly. He chuckled, leaning down slightly.

"You're gonna have to get it." He whispered a wicked smirk, never leaving his face. He bolted towards the door, leaving me to have a smirk of my own as I ran after him. My bare feet, lightly brushed the cool tile, as the fierce wind, hit my face. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins, making me feel invincible. He made a sharp turn, into the kitchen, nearly falling over. I laughed, expertly swinging my body to the side, easily going after him. He looked back, chuckling as he tipped over a chair with his fingers, making it interfere with my path.

"Hah, as if this will stop me!" I called, leaping over the chair with ease, landing perfectly and continuing to run.

"For a Shrimp, ya sure can run," He laughed, making another turn. He made his way through the maze of chairs and tables that covered the living room floor, making me giggle. 'For a Shrimp, ya sure can run' can Shrimps do this? I jumped over a coffee table, cutting through the air. I landed right on his heel, which surprised him. I took this opportunity to run faster, hoping I could catch him.

"Not today, Shrimp!"

He made, yet, another turn, catching me off-guard. I slipped a little but regained my balance as my feet carried me towards him. He started up the stairs, ruffling the velvet sheets that laid on top. I smirked, thanking my thin legs for allowing me to skip over multiple steps, inching closer to him. He made a quick run towards two, large doors at the end of the hallway, bursting them open with just his feet. That was his mistake.

He took too long kicking the door, that I was able to tackle him just as the doors opened. I grabbed onto his neck, latching onto his torso with my legs. He gasped, stumbling towards the giant bed in the center of the room. He fell on top of said bed, making us both bounce slightly on the mattress. One glance at each other made us both start laughing like crazy. I held my stomach, feeling the sharp pain from laughing too much. Once I finally caught my breath, I tried to snatch the book out of his hands.

"Uh-uh, Shrimp. Yer not gettin' this back just yet," He laughed, holding onto the book with his iron grip. I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You're a meanie." I wined, glaring at him. He simply laughed, placing the book on the nightstand that sat next to the bed. He crossed his legs, patting them, gesturing me to lay in his lap. I sighed, unable to resist his offer. I climbed into his lap, letting my feet dangle off the side. I rested my head on his knee, feeling a sudden warmth, coming from his body. A grin appeared on his lips.

"I was startin' to think ya liked that book more than me,"

I laughed, grabbing a piece of his dark hair and playing with the thick strand.

"What if I do?"

"Then that book has a whole lotta hell coming,"

I could barely contain my fits of laughter, as I covered my mouth in attempt to hold them down. He frowned, gently tugging my hand away from my face.

"Don't cover yer smile like that. And, don't read for an entire day without speakin' to me, got it?"

"And what are you going to do if I do?" I said, crossing my arms and looked at him expectedly. He smirked, leaning down so our noses were almost touching.

"This," He told me, before capturing my lips. No matter how many times we kiss, I always melt at the feel of his lips on mine. My knees felt weak, even though, I wasn't even standing. My heart was beating out of my chest, and my mind was in a haze. 

He wrapped his hands around my head, pulling me up. My hands, slithered to the back of his neck, as I was pulled into a sitting position. My legs, wrapped around his torso, filling any space that was once between us. This....... this was better than some book. This was better, then anything else.

"Miss. Levy, there's someone on the phone who wants to speak to you," A maid informed me, from the other side of the door. Gajeel grunted but didn't even move. I pulled away, only for him to press his lips against mine once again, caging me, in his arms.

"Gajeel....." I breathed, putting my hands on his chest.

"I have to go....." I told him, trying to wiggle out his grasp but he just held me tighter.

"Stay here," He purred, planting small kisses, all over my cheek.

"I promise I'll come back," I giggled, hopping out of his lap and skipping towards the door. I was so giddy and happy that it didn't even cross my mind that there was no one that would really call me. My mind was still foggy, even as the maid, handed me the phone.

"Hello?" I asked, leaning against the wall, looking up a Gajeel through my eyelashes. He was glaring at the phone, slumped over on the bed.

"Is this Levy McGarden?"

"This is she,"

"This is the police department, your mother was arrested."

----------------------------

Hola my little droplets! Sorry about the Spanish, I was just doing some Spanish homework XD this chapter has a weird mix of angst and fluff. I think it was 99% fluff and 1% angst XD please comment your theories on what you think is going to happen! I love to hear them ^-^