Prologue - Definitely In Love With You

[Two Years Later]

I drum my fingers impatiently on the armrest of the seat in the bus I'm in that's currently driving down the highway at a decent pace. I'm heading for the 'West-field University' where I'm going to be living for who knows how many years, depending on how life plays out. It's a eight hour drive, far away from everything I've ever really known before. Life's been going pretty well since school ended, considering all the possible ways it could have gone. After school ended I got lots of jobs, making money in any way possible. I didn't get many scholarships since I'm not the best choice for something like that, so I ended up taking a year off to raise enough money for myself, this resulting in my not getting a car which is why I'm taking the bus. Unlike Fisher, who got both those things.

Fisher. I haven't seen him for two months now. While I was taking my break year, he went to the university in town with the money he raised and got through a bunch of scholarships he revived. Then he got accepted to 'West-Field' which was a much better university then the local one, and that's where he is now, setting up our living quarters. It had been scary at first, thinking that Fisher and I would not be able to see each other in person for a long time, but it turns out that I could also go to 'West-Field' as well, so I chose it instead of the other universities and colleges I could have gone too. It had all the courses that I wanted anyways. Fisher's courses started before mine though, so he had to leave two months earlier than me. He had found a cheap apartment on the outskirts of the town, close to the campus, that we had managed to convinced the owner to let us rent. She really likes us now, even though I've only met her a few times. I had sent all my stuff ahead a couple days ago, so the only thing I had now was my suitcase.

I turn my gaze so I'm staring out the window. I watch as the tress zip by and tune out the chatter on the bus. There are a lot of students here, all going to the university along with me, but I don't recognise them at all. I'm wearing headphones, so I turn up the music and close my eyes. The bus ride has been long, and I'm tired.

I don't have many panic attacks anymore, and my nightmares are less constant, but I will admit it's much harder just trying to get to sleep without Fisher beside me. We have been talking with each other over the phone or on Skype while he's been gone, but it's not the same as having him right in front of me. Plus, I feel bad whenever I keep him up late at night since he's been working his butt off with school, and when he's not in class, he's working a couple different jobs to raise up some money for whatever reason we might need it. I always tell him it, but it's hard to put into words how touching it is for me, and how appreciative I am that he would work himself to nearly passing out, just for me.

I bob my head slightly to the music as I think about Fisher. I get to see him today! We're going to live together! We're starting the next chapters of our lives today! When suddenly the bus comes to a grinding halt. I snap my eyes open and I'm suddenly I'm met with the university campus right on the other side of the window. I must have zoned out for longer than I thought. There's quiet a few people outside the bus, the welcoming committee and friends and possible family of those on the bus with me. I bounce on my seat as I scan the crowds for the one familiar face. The bus doors open and the riders flood out into the world.

I wait patiently as everyone else gets off, until finally I can get out without getting squished. I grab the handle of my suitcase and let it roll behind me as I walk to the front of the bus. I mumble a 'small thank you' to the driver as I get off. I can't help smiling as I step onto the ground. It's just how I imagined it to be. I say hello to a few of the members of the welcoming committee, but my focus isn't on them as I continue to flicker my gaze to each person who's hanging around here.

"Dustin!"

I snap up my head as I hear my name shouted. I push my way through the group of people until I can finally see him. He's standing on the outskirts, panting and sweaty, grinning from ear to ear. He probably ran here, leave it up to him to be late. I bite my lip and try not to cry. I've missed him so much.

"Fisher!" I scream as I run to him, throwing myself into his arms and kissing him on the lips, wrapping my arms around him and pressing myself close to him. He smiles into the kiss and holds my face in his hands. We stand there for a long time, close and not wanting this moment to end, until finally we're forced to pull away for air.

Fisher smiles and grabs my hand, leading me away from the university, telling me he'll show me it later and that he wants me to see our new home. We walk for a while, talking about how much we missed each other and what has been happening to us while the other has been away for the entire time, all while holding hands.

I can't help but giggle when I notice one little detail about where our apartment is : it's on a hill.

We arrive at the building and Fisher takes me up to the floor we're on. When I walk in, I can't stop the squeal of joy that escapes me. It's absolutely perfect, everything is perfect. I throw my arms around Fisher and kiss him deeply. When we pull apart he walks me over to the windows, overlooking the entire area. It's a beautiful view. I sigh happily and lean against his shoulder, and he kisses my head.

Finally, I'm completely happy with everything in my life. All thanks to Fisher.