Chapter Ten

Sam's POV

The day went by smoothly. No incidents, no deaths, just... Contentment. Of course this sparked suspicion in my brain, but I ignored it, happy to just be with ____.

She was great. Every time I looked at her I couldn't help but smile. She was beautiful. Perfect.

And then I let it slip.

We were sitting on the couch, contently watching Dean's favourite show. I looked over at her when she laughed, and I couldn't help myself.

"You're beautiful," I said. I immediately widened my eyes, zipping my mouth shut. But it was too late. She turned her head to face me, cocking it to the side a bit. I silently cursed myself but remained calm on the outside.

Her mouth turned upward a bit, a small smile. She thought for a moment, as if searching for the right words to say. My heart raced, I was convinced she could hear it if it beat any louder.

I closed my eyes, regaining my composure and attempting to get my heart rate down. It didn't help, however, when I suddenly felt her lips on mine in a gentle kiss, fireworks going off inside of me. I'd never felt this way for anyone in a long time... And honestly it was exhilarating to feel it again. I eagerly kissed back.

"I love you. I'll be honest here, I was kinda nervous when I saw you with your brother 'cause, ya know..." She started as we pulled away. I nodded, chuckling a little.

"Yeah, a lot of people make that mistake. Trust me, nothing going on there," I replied, a little humour in my voice. She smiled, setting a hand on my chest and pushed me down lightly on the couch, kissing me once more. I smiled to myself, pulling her closer.

Suddenly a voice pierced the air.

"Oh my God Sam this is a new low."