Chapter Seven

Sam's POV

Dawn soon rolled around, and I began preparing what I would do to test ____. I was debating whether I should tell her outright that it was a test or be sneaky about it... I decided to tell her out right. After all, there was no way she was the shifter, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I got my silver knife ready, sliding it into a sheath in my belt. I made sure the spell was safely inside my pocket, away from sight. And now all was ready. All I had to do was wait and hope ____ really wasn't the shifter.

The sound of plates and pots rattling around got my attention, and I assumed that she was awake. I ran a hand through my hair and exited my room. I passed Dean's room, peaking in and seeing him raise his eyebrows at me in a silent question. I nodded, continuing past and making my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

____ was there, making bacon and eggs. I licked my lips at the delicious smell but held back, knowing there was work to be done. I walked up to her, leaning back against the counter. She turned to face me, smiling that beautiful smile of hers.

"Hey, I forgot to do the test to see if you were a shifter so if you don't mind..." My voice trailed off as I produced the knife from its sheath. She nodded and grasped the knife handle, rolling up her sleeve and making a small cut on her arm.

She smiled and wiped the blade on her sleeve, returning the knife. I breathed a breath I didn't realise I'd been holding, smiling back at her and then looking up. Dean stood in the doorway, his eyebrows furrowed. I walked over to him, raising an eyebrow.

"See? Not the shifter," I whispered, trying and failing to keep the smug grin from forming on my face. Dean rolled his eyes, pushing himself from the doorway.

"So you searched the whole house for the secret?" He asked, clearly trying to change the subject.

I nodded. "Everywhere but the basement, but I mean, we already found it so what's the use?" Dean scoffed and watched as ____ set the plate of bacon and eggs down on the kitchen table, motioning for Dean and me to come and eat it. She then exited the room, heading down the hallway, Dean waiting a little before following her, hand resting where his gun was hidden.

I rolled my eyes, sitting down to eat the food and humming in delight at the delicious eggs. I decided to save the bacon for Dean, knowing he'd probably want me to.

It was a while before ____ reappeared, nothing changed, and sat down at the table with me. I smiled, receiving one in return. Then I noticed that Dean wasn't there.

"Do you know where Dean went?" I asked, finishing the eggs. She nodded.

"I saw him leave out back. Said something about making a run to the store," She said, dusting off her pants. I nodded. There was nothing to worry about. Nothing at all.