Chapter One

"Will that be all?" You asked, setting the plate of bacon, eggs, and hash browns in front of the man in the booth. He gave you a small smile and nodded, already starting to dig into his food. You smiled back and returned to the kitchen window, wiping your hands on your apron. The one or two people that were in the diner so far had been tended to, so you were taking a little break.

Another pair walked into the diner suddenly, and your eyes were immediately drawn to the tallest. Granted they were both really tall, but the tallest caught your eye.

You could tell he was well built, despite the multiple layers of clothing he had on. His hair was a beautiful brown that fell down to his shoulders, framing his extraordinarily handsome face. His eyes were a light brown that seemed to light up when inside the diner, and you couldn't help but smile when he smiled.

His partner was okay.

You put on your best smile, walking up to them. "Welcome to Stacy's Diner! Just sit anywhere and I'll be right with you!" You said, watching as the two picked a booth in the corner of the restaurant. They seemed really close, and you couldn't help by wonder if they were dating. You retrieved two menus and handed it to them, and pulled out your pen and paper.

"Can I get you anything to drink first?" You asked, glancing at both of them. The shorter one shrugged and ordered a coffee, while the taller one just ordered water. You smiled and walked to the kitchen, getting the drinks.

Now, the diner you worked in was a small diner, so small, in fact, that you could hear any conversation in the room, no matter how low they were talking. And these boys didn't talk quietly.

"Dean, are you sure this is a case for us? I mean, it doesn't sound all that weird," The tall one noted, looking at the one now known as Dean with uncertainty. Dean raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, well maybe you missed an important detail. The guy had his heart cut out, and do you know what they found on the inside of his clothes? Wolf hair. Still don't sound like our thing, Sam?" Dean said. So Sam was his name.

The coffee was finished and you grabbed the mug and glass of water, walking over to the two. They had stopped their conversation as soon as they saw you heading toward them, but they way that they looked told you they were far from finished.

"Can I get you anything to eat?" You asked as you set the drinks down. Sam ordered a simple ham and cheese sandwich, while Dean ordered an entire breakfast platter. You smiled and hurried off, giving the order to the kitchen. Sam and Dean had continued their conversation, and you listened intently. By now you had a hunch that they were hunters, but you were still unsure.

"So what you're saying is werewolf. Maybe one that's turned on other werewolves?" Sam suggested. Dean shrugged.

"What I'm saying is, it kinda sounds like just deserts, don't you think?" Dean replied, and Sam seemed to understand what he meant.

"You're saying trickster," He stated, receiving a nod from Dean. Sam scoffed, sitting back in the booth. The conversation had ended, and you knew that they were hunters. You adjusted your apron, ready to approach them when their food was ready.

You carried the food to their table, receiving a thanks from Sam as they both began to eat. You cleared your throat, both of them looking up to you.

"I overheard your conversation," You confessed, watching the surprised looks on both of their faces. You tried your best to ignore the surprise. "I- uh- I always offer hunters a place to stay while they're working a job here or near here. It's completely free, because I know how money is with you guys..." Your sentence trailed off, and you found yourself nervously biting the inside of your cheek. They looked suspicious. "I understand if you don't want to. The whole, anybody can be a monster thing," You added. Sam shrugged as if to say "why not."

"Sure. That's really nice of you," Sam said, receiving a scornful look from Dean, who other than that said nothing.

"Great! My shift ends at five, just stop by the diner then!" You exclaimed.