Chapter 50: I want every single piece of you

Ellen sat resting her tiny feet against Patrick's leg. The light was just bright enough to read. "What do you think she'll look like?" Patrick asked sweetly disrupting Ellen's reading. Ellen peered up at him through the top of her eyes.

She bit down on the pencil. "What makes you think it's going to be a girl?" Ellen said sheepishly.

"What makes you think it isn't?" Patrick countered.

Ellen rolled her eyes. "Touche." She spoke sweetly.

Patrick just looked into her eyes for a moment, admiring the chemical reaction that took over his body when their eyes twinkled together like this. Nine years, nine years he had spent with this feeling. That is longer than most Hollywood marriages. More than half of his own marriage he had spent with this feeling. It was both dazzling and disgusting but here in this moment it was just dazzling. He was just happy to exist in her presence. 

He smiled. "Whaat," she asked in a tone that only Ellen could.

"Because it makes more sense for Zola to have a little sister. Easier to cast." Patrick smiled.

Ellen laughed childishly, "What does that mean?!" Not taking offense but merely questioning his sanity.

"You know," he gestured and changed his voice, "the hair."

She laughed again, lightly nudging him with her foot. Ellen went back to looking over her script. "The hair is hard to cast.. is it?"

"Quite hard." He said nudging her back. "Seriously, What do you think it would look like?"

"So now she's an it..." Ellen said exaggeratedly. "Why do you care so much anyway."

"I'm just curious." Patrick confessed.

And then she paused and just looked at him, her mouth open slightly a smile pulling at her lips. "You want me to have your babies?"

"Are you offering?" Patrick shot back quickly.

She swatted his arm. "You are something else."

"We would have to have sex..." He spoke picking up his iphone off the table. He smiled waiting for her reaction.

"Are you offering?" devilishly she said. His surprised reaction was exactly what SHE was hoping for. She looked back with a smile of sweet victory.

The loud horn of the car behind him awoke him from his slumber. "It's green, Patrick," Jillian said with a raise of her eyebrows.