Chapter Ten

"Katie, are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost" he asked with concern in his voice.

"Yeah. I just er..." I pointed to the stairs. "I er, I've finished unpacking." He let out a sign if relief.

"Is that it? You looked petrified." He worries to much honestly.

"G I'm fine honestly." He was walking round the room straightening things out.

"You haven't called me G in for forever, the last thing you said to me was 'I'm gonna miss you G.'" Wow.

"How can you remember that?" I was watching him walk round the room and he abruptly turned round.

"Of course I remember the last thing you said to me, I'm not going to forget, it was one of the worst moments of my life-"

"G." I tried to make him stop.

"That night I found you, you were going on about me leaving you and-"

"Gary!"

"You were saying I forgot you, left you, abandoned you-" I couldn't have him making me feel like shit.

"GARY!" I shouted "YOU KNOW I TRIED TO GET RID OF YOU OUT OF MY MIND, I- I'M SORRY!" I couldn't help but cry again, all I've seemed to do recently is cry in front of him.

"Ka-" I walked up the stairs.

"No Gary, I need some time by myself." What was I doing, being here with him, I told myself I would never forgive him. I walked in to our bedroom, no his bedroom, I don't even know who's bedroom it counts as. I could hear him shouting me so I locked the door and just lay down on the bed, it was only 5 and I didn't even realise how tired I was until I lay there, I thought about things and managed to fall asleep without him, I felt safe just knowing he was around.

I was awoken to the sound of the piano being played, I looked at the clock and it was just gone 8 I couldn't believe I'd spelt for nearly 3 hours.

"You light, the skies up above me"

I could hear Gary singing outside so I stood up, walked over to the double doors and opened them and walked out on to the balcony.

"A star, so bright you blind me"

He had covered the garden in beautiful twinkling fairy lights, he was sat at his piano singing me Rule The World.

"Don't close your eyes, don't fade away, don't fade away ooooooo"

"Gary." I said, he kept playing the piano but had stopped singing. "G, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything and I mean everything, all this, it's beautiful, you're beautiful." I shouted down to him. "I love you" I whispered, my little secret. "Stay there, I'm coming down." I walked back in to the bedroom and closed the doors, did he listen to me and stay where he was? Of course not. I walked out the room and down the stairs.

"Gary do you ever liste-" I stopped, he'd basically done everything he did outside, in here, fair lights everywhere lighting up the room and on the table ready and waiting was a candle lit dinner. "What did you do?" I asked.

"I keep saying thy I'm going to protect you and look after you and not make to feel like crap again, and yet I still do it. I did this for you, I know it won't make anything up to you but it's a start." I was completely speechless, I just stood there and looked around the room.

"G, this must have took you forever to do."

"It's all worth it for you, everything I do for you is worth it. Now" he said pulling out a chair for me at the table. "Come sit down, I've prepared dinner for you." I walked over.