Chapter Eighteen

About halfway in to the journey we were stuck in traffic, it wasn't actually that far away but Gary obviously knew what traffic would be like this time of day. We'd had the radio on in the background for the whole journey as we talked.

The song changed *du du du du du* "When the time grew near, for me to show my love." Gary reached to turn off the radio, I batted his hand away.

"No no Mr Barlow, we both know how much you love listening to yourself sing now don't we?" I asked him. He pouted at me and started to blush. "Pfft, who's the one blushing now then?" I teased him.

"Yes but, there's a very good reason as to why I'm blushing you see." I raised my eyebrow.

"Humour me." I asked.

"Well, I maybe have, sort of maybe wrote this about you." My mouth fell open.

"What?" I asked.

"Think about it, it wasn't long after we lost contact and really listen to the song, it's obviously about wanting forgiveness off someone, it was one way of getting it all off my chest I suppose." I was still speechless.

"Wow, Gary, it's - I mean wow, that's really nice." He was so nice, I mean I can't believe all this was happening, if this time a month ago someone was to say to me. "In a months time you'll be sitting in a car with Gary Barlow on the way to a charity event with him." I'd probably turn round and ask them if they were high.

About half an hour later we pulled into the car park of the hotel where it was being held, it looked beautiful from the outside, I couldn't even imagine what it was going to be like on the inside. It was nice being in a place where there wasn't any of the media following you around. Gary had told me earlier that day that it was a charity that he did a lot of work for so there wasn't going to be any other famous people apart from him which was also nice, being in a room full of normal, everyday, kind people because I'm sure that since I'd been spending time with Gary all I'd been doing was meeting one celebrity after another, none of which were living a normal life. He got out the car, ran round to my side and as usual opened the door for me, held out his hand for me and helped me out. He closed the door and just stood and looked at me again.

"What?" I asked giggling.

"I just can't get over how beautiful you look." The good thing about my blusher was that he couldn't see me blushing at all. He put his arm around my waist and guided me into the building.

We were welcomed by about half of the room, there was one man that caught my attention in particular, he seemed to have checked me out and he was very hot, much to Gary's annoyance. Gary constantly had females gorming and drooling over him, hanging on every word he said, why was he pissed when I got some attention, this best not end in another fight because I have no energy for that.

After the gorgeous meal and the speeches and fund raising was over, it was about just gone ten. I was sat at the bar by myself because Gary had to go toilet. When I was sat there, the man who was talking to me at the start of the night came over.

"Hey." He said to me over the music. I turned round and looked at him

"Hi." I replied.

"You came with Gary Barlow right?" He asked me.

"Yeah, but despite what the media are saying we're not together." I explained to him, I hadn't had very much to drink tonight because I didn't want a replay of the night at the club or even the night at Garys. I looked up and saw Gary getting very close to a woman across the room, oh, the media are going to love this.

"Aw okay, well that's good I er, think. Do you want to dance maybe?" He asked me, I looked over at Gary one last time, he hasn't drank tonight because he has to drive us home so I know he's not doing it because of that. I nodded, drank the last of my drink and walked over to the dance floor with this man.