19 ↠ Hospital Catastrophe Part II.

Start from the beginning

[Rayyan S.]

Rayyan : The daughter's on the way.
Y/N : Are you with her?
Rayyan : No, the chief went and personally picked her up himself.
Y/N : Okay..
Y/N : How's everyone?

Honestly, Y/N was hoping that her father caught her drift when she said 'everyone' because she really meant Camila.

Rayyan actually did catch his daughter's drift and his eyes landed on a weak Camila. She was wrapped in a blanket, her eyes were bloodshot and her whole body screamed exhaustion. Rayyan's heart actually broke at the sight of the young girl. He sighed heavily before replying to his daughter.

Rayyan : Everyone's crying over you, Y/N.
Rayyan : Especially Camila.
Rayyan : She's a complete mess and she's been begging to talk to you.

Y/N's eyes got glossy at the text, she could imagine how Camila looked like right now and she hated it. She knew Camila wouldn't be calm until she saw her but she didn't want to break her promise to Trent.

Y/N tried her best to hold back her tears and with that, her body shook a bit as she stifled her sobs.

Trent noticed this and frowned as he thought it was probably his fault. He scooted closer to the girl and made sure he wasn't doing anything that the girl disapproved. When he realized that she didn't mind, he settled on sitting next to her on the floor, his knees up to his chest.

"I may not be your favorite person right now but I've been dubbed as a great listener." Trent said softly with a small smile, earning a light chuckle from the younger girl.

Y/N appreciated that he was trying and obviously, she needed someone to talk to. She doesn't open up to anyone that easily and everyone knew that but right now, she just needed someone to talk to.

"I think I might've ruined my only chance at love." Y/N said softly, her eyes locked on her fingers while she was fiddling with them.

"What do you mean by that?" Trent retorted softly.

Y/N sighed heavily before lifting her head up and locking eyes with the older man as she said, "There's a girl outside and she's waiting for me," Y/N said softly, her lips forming a warm smile as the thought of Camila crossed her mind before she said, "She's the first girl that's ever made me feel this way and I can't imagine that with anyone else," Y/N said softly, that smile still on her lips as she continued saying, "But she probably won't talk to me now after all the shit she's gone through because of me." Y/N ended with a frown.

Trent frowned at the last sentence before he asked, "You mean this happened before?"

Y/N shook her head while sighing before she said, "Not the same scenario, no but my life's too messed up for her to be in it," Y/N said sadly and softly before she added, "I don't understand why she would want to be with someone as messed up as me."

"If she's still with you even after knowing how messed up your life is, she's not gonna go anywhere," Trent pointed out, making Y/N look at him with interest as he continued, "Is she out there waiting for you?" The man asked, earning a nod from Y/N as a response as he continued saying, "Don't you think if she had enough of you, she would've been somewhere else?"

Y/N sighed, knowing that the man made a good point before she replied, "I just don't want her to get hurt after being with me." The team captain rasped out, her emotions getting the best of her.

Trent slowly and carefully wrapped his arms around Y/N and made her rest her head on his shoulders as he said, "Doesn't matter how perfect your life is, love will always hurt," Trent said softly while the girl sobbed onto his shoulder before he added, "It's how tall you stand up after falling down that matters."