Chapter 29: I'll be fine

*Caethes*

After he had me, I wanted to stand up, unchain her and go to our room. But he forcefully pulled me by my hair back in bed and put his arm around me. I was forced to stay in bed with him.

When I woke up, I didn't feel master's arm anymore. I tried to stand up, but my body hurt. Master had been very aggressive. He knew that hurting me would hurt Kallista as well. I stood up, put on my dress and walked towards her. She was sleeping. I kissed her. She woke up.

"Hey. Let's go", I whispered. She nodded. I took the key, which I found on the bedside table and unchained her. She put her arm on my shoulders, leaning on me. She was weak from standing up all night. We walked to our room. I put her in bed and lay next to her.

"I'm so sorry, Caethes. I should have never taken that knife", she said. Tears were forming in her eyes.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine."

"I will never ever do anything that will hurt you again", she continued.

"That's exactly what he wants. He makes sure we both stay in line by threatening the other."

"Why don't we just run away? Everything is better than this place."

"Everything except for death", I replied, "In my life I have seen a lot of slaves run away. Each and every one of them returned to master. He has a lot of money and with that a lot of power. If we run away he will put a price on our heads to have us returned. We would never be safe as long as he lives", I said to her. She sighted.

"You're right."

"We have each other. That's the most important thing", I said to her. We kissed.

"We will stay together. No matter what", she said.

"Forever."