Chapter 18: Punishment

*Caethes*

Kallista and I helped domina dress. Just when we were done, master came in with two soldiers. They grabbed Kallista and dragged her outside. Master, domina and I followed. They brought her to the open place in the middle of the camp. There was a large pole in the middle. They pushed her on her knees. They chained her hands to the pole so she couldn't stand up. The general arrived with a big smile on his face. I wanted to punch him. Her dress got ripped open on her back.

"Kallista will receive 40 lashes", master said to the general. He nodded.

40 ... that was a lot.

"One", master said. The soldier lashed her. She didn't scream, but I saw it hurts. I wanted to go to her, but master took me by my hair.

"Remain here, Caethes, or you will receive them."

"Yes, master", I said. I stayed beside him, afraid for punishment. Even I would have a hard time recovering from 40 lashes. When she got ten lashes, she started screaming with every lash. A tear rolled from my cheek. Seeing her suffer was the worst punishment anyone could give me.

"19 ... 20", master said. Ok, halfway through. I ran towards her, stood behind her and grabbed the pole with my hands. I covered her. The 21st  lash hit my back. I clasped my teeth together. When she didn't feel the lash, she looked up, seeing my face.

"Forever", I said.

"Caethes, come here or receive the remaining 19", master said. I stayed, looking in the eyes of the love of my life.

"22", he said. Again a lash. I remained standing until the last lash. Then I dropped to my knees. Four soldiers came to us. Two carried Kallista. I could still walk, the other two soldiers supported me a bit so I wouldn't fall. It has been a long time since I had lashes. Kallista was lying on her stomach on her bed. I sat on mine.

"Why did you do that?" she asked.

"I couldn't bare seeing you suffer", I said while lying down.