Chapter 25: Empty shell

*Kallista*

Caethes went to lie down on her bed. I went to mine and sat on the side.

"A boy or a girl" I asked.

"What?" she asked, while looking at me.

"Would you like a boy or a girl when we are at our farm with all the animals", I asked smiling. She looked up at the roof of the tent.

"I'm a worthless slave. I don't deserve any of that", was all she said while turning away from me on her side. My heart splintered in million pieces. I haven't cried since she returned, I stayed strong for her ... but now tears were rolling down my face.

"You ... you don't mean that! Caethes, you are not a worthless slave!" She didn't respond. I stood up and walked to domina's tent, not knowing what to do.

"Kallista?" I heard Domina's voice. I looked at her. She was wearing her nightgown.

"She's gone. Just an empty shell", I cried. Domina walked to me.

"No, she's not", she said, "Caethes is a beautiful and strong person. That person is still inside her, deep down. Pushed down by fear. Eliminate that fear and she will come back to you."

"Eliminate her fear? You want me to kill master?" She shook her head.

"No. Your master is only the bringer of fear, not fear itself. What have you noticed? When is she afraid?"

"Water... and the chain", I said.

"Then do what needs to be done and get her back!" I calmed down and wiped my tears.

"She really loves you, you know? I thought she was never capable of doing that", domina said.

"Doing what?" I asked.

"Punch her master."

"What?" I was surprised.

"When he punched you in your face, she punched him back." My mouth fell open. I didn't know that.

"Thank you, domina", I said and went back to our room. Caethes was already asleep.