Chapter 5: Lapdog

*Kallista*

"Let me go!" I screamed at the guard. But he didn't let go of my arm. I saw Caethes come outside. My stomach turned, but not from agony or anger, no it was just the opposite.

"What is the meaning of this?" she asked the guard.

"She tried to run away." She looked me in the eyes. My... God. Her eyes! The sun shone in her dark brown eyes. It made them look golden. The most beautiful gold I have ever seen.

"I will handle this", she said while looking at the soldier again. The Legatus came outside. Caethes hadn't noticed. He aggressively took her by her hair and pulled it back hard.

"YOU will handle it?" he asked angry. He threw her to the ground before she could say anything. I saw her face. It was full of pain.

"Apologies, master", she said while she stood up, looking at the ground.

"Go to your domina!" he ordered.

"Yes, master", she responded and left. He looked at me.

"Clearly I was not clear enough about 'DO NOT TRY TO ESCAPE'!" he yelled.

The soldier dragged me to the slave tent again and chained my hands above me, like previous time. Tears started to form in my eyes just thinking about the pain I felt last time I was here.

"You are already crying and we haven't even started yet", he laughed, "Tears are not going to safe you!" I inhaled through my nose and slowly exhaled through my mouth. Preparing for what was coming next.

It was already dark when two soldiers dragged me to my bed. Dragged ... I wasn't able to walk. Everything hurts. Lashes, beatings, cold water dumped over me ... it hurts. But what hurts the most was psychological. I was broken. Forced to kneel and kiss the feet of the man I now call 'master'. I did everything he said. The pain was too much. The last thing they did to me was no punishment, it was an honor, he said. He branded me. I now bare the mark of my master and domina. The brand was the shape of a wolf.

The soldiers threw me on my bed and left. I saw that Caethes was already sleeping. I curled up and started crying.

"Are you ok?" I heard Caethes ask. I didn't respond and kept crying. I heard her move towards me. She hugged me. I pushed her from the bed. She gasped in pain.

"I don't need the comfort of their lapdog!" I hissed. Immediately I regretted it. I was mad, sad and the pain was unbearable. I took it out on her, although she didn't deserve it. On the contrary, she stood up for me. I didn't deserve her, she was beautiful and friendly and I scolded at her because I was mad at her master. No ... our master.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that", I apologized.

"Yes, you did", was her cold response while she stood up and crawled back in her bed.

I stared in front of me until I fell asleep,exhausted.