Chapter Forty-Nine Beginning Of The End (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

After having her, I was joking around about putting up handles in the shower when her whole demeanor changed. My fantasy girl was now a real life woman. She was real as she had issues, dreams and emotions. As I listened to her it made me want to take all the pain she ever felt and rid it from her memory and her heart.

Then reality exploded in my face. She was willing to settle for a man she didn't love. She was so set on this that it didn't matter what I told her she had it made up in her mind that she wanted this Evan guy. Never once did she mention him in all the time we were together. Where the fuck did he come from?

Just because he says he loves her, she goes running. He could be playing her to get more time with her or he could be a pimp. Is he going to treat her right? Will she always remain in the background as his secret? She needed to be careful. If she was happy she wouldn't have been with me.

I'm not usually possessive but each time we spend time together I could feel myself being the only one. She claims this Evan is willing to wait until after her contract was over but I was sure this was his excuse to fuck whoever he wanted. How could you love someone like that?

She needed a man to put his foot down and show her that she meant the world to him. He should shower her with love and move heaven and earth to make her happy. This Evan doesn't love her. He's in love with a idea of a fantasy girl. Even if he actually love her would he be willing to marry her? She should have been asking him that question.

The opportunity of getting to know her more on an intellectual level was now gone. When I looked in her eyes she was determined to make it work with him.

The question still remained would he move heaven and earth to give her what she wanted and needed?

My phone buzzed taking me out my daydream. I looked down to see Garrett calling. I let it go to voicemail because I just couldn't deal with him right now. I was still pissed about what he said about her. He was more upset that she chose me and not him. Well you know what, I didn't give a fuck. He had called a few times but I wasn't interested or in the mood.

I looked down and he texted to see if I wanted to go out to The Penthouse, a club we frequently visited every now and again but I was still pissed about our confrontation. Another sharing opportunity. No thanks.

I walked in the kitchen grabbed a beer and replayed more of the conversation with Cadence. An idea popped in my head and I got to work. I called in a few favors and my partner in crime, Christopher Walker. I spent hours working on this idea and it just had to work. I put on my shoes and grabbed my keys and headed back to the office.

"Chris did you do what I asked?" Chris looked exhausted but that's why I paid him so well. It was now Thursday morning and we had been working on this final part of this project since last night.

"Yes sir! Got the papers right here." I looked over them and couldn't help but smile.

Chris was my future protege in the making. He was bright and in the next few years I could see him running all my international listings. Being in real estate wasn't an easy job. Deals being made on a daily basis could make one love it or hate it.

"Dr. Thompson and his partners had their attorney review the paperwork you sent over last night and they are going to rent the first and second floors," Chris said excitedly.

I had bought a building across the street from the hospital to turn into a medical complex a few months ago to help out the hospital. The building was fully occupied now and renovations would begin in a couple of weeks.

"I also got some more good news. We have a potential buyer for the Westclover house in Atlanta. The guy is only off by a quarter and I think you could probably persuade him to go up. He wants to meet Sunday afternoon so you will need to fly out on Saturday night."