~24~

"It's more a relief than anything else. I'm just glad it's all over."  

                                                                                                                                -  Bobby Thompson

Charlie and Dave we're taken to a forensics center where they tested Charlie to see officially if she'd been raped, and get a lead on who it might be. "Charlie, it seems we have found traces of semen, so unfortunately it has been confirmed, we have made sure the local authorities will take you through questioning." Said a tall older man in a lab coat. Charlie lay in another hospital like bed and wept bitterly into Dave's shoulder. It seemed all the commotion had been getting to him too. Because he looked pale and weak. He tried his best to consul her and look strong. "It's okay." He said rocking her soothingly.

"We'd be more than happy to give you addresses and numbers to rehabilitation centers and mental recovery training if you wish." A woman nodded. Charlie once finished sulking she eventually agreed. After charlie was properly cared for, her and Dave were taken to an investigation office. They met a man who already knew the whole ordeal through the doctor's explanation. He was a husky man and looked very intimidating. Any man with a buzz cut and had the upper body of a wrestler looked unapproachable. His hair was short and spiky and he had a strong facial structure. He decided to speak with each of them one at a time.

It was Charlie first.

She had just finished in the testing room so she was in a wheelchair. They wheeled her in. The man folded his arms and said,

"Listen Charlie first and foremost I want you to know that you didn't do anything wrong, you aren't in any trouble at all and the officers want is help you figure out who did this okay?" He said.

 His voice was soft and not raspy and loud as she thought it might be. "I know your scared and confused but we just need you to help us - help you? Make sense?" 

She nodded slowly.

 "It's always sad dealing with cases like this, especially related to such a young girl, you'd think with my job I'd be able to deal with all the anxiety that comes with it by now." He shook his head and folded his hands on the table.

 "Can you relate to me what you remember from when you woke up in the alley?" 

"I just remember being dizzy my knees were scrapped and I was weak, bleeding from my..vagina." Charlie recalled quietly. "What were you near?"  

"Dave told me I was near some bar."

"Can you recall the name of the bar?"

"I Can't no."

"That's alright we'll figure out the few missing screws, this man - Dave, did you know him prior to seeing him in the alley?"

"No sir."

"Did you have anything of value with you at the time?"

"I had nothing but the clothes on my back."

"What did Dave do when he saw you?"

"He rushed me to the hospital."

"Can you you remember anything prior to you waking up in the alleyway."

"Nothing." 

"Interesting..alright is there anything else you'd like to reveal about the case?"

"Yes I'd just like to mention I don't live here. I live in  Temple Riverton California. I'm hours from  my home town, I have no idea how I got here."

"In that case we'll run a substance test on you, it could have been what people today call date rape pills."

Charlie sat back in her chair feeling utterly empty, if she would be cut open at this moment her insides would read hollow. She didn't understand how anyone could do this to her. She felt violated. She was internally boiling with anger and confusion at someone having the chance to take advantage of her.

"And don't worry I promise we'll find who's responsible." He nodded with a light smirk, patting her hand.  At that moment Charlie remembered what forensics said about finding traces of semen. She wanted to throw up, the person took his time, and was sick with no respect of any kind. She wearily laid her head on the table in front of her in silence. The investigator questioned Dave next. After he talked to him the investigator said: "We'll keep in touch." He nodded to the both of them. Charlie would need to go back to the center for follow ups, she was aching to see her parents. The team had already notified them she was safe and going through the motions of a developing case. 

They were devastated to hear what had happened to Charlie, the team assured her parents she was safe now and in good hands and that they'd all be reunited soon. Dave agreed to Drive Charlie home if she wanted. While on the road Charlie complained about being tired, uncomfortable, weak, dizzy and hungry. When one need was fulfilled by David, another popped up. He decided to stay at a hotel for the night, after all it was late. He bought Him and Charlie separate hotel rooms and checked on her periodically through the night. When Charlie returned home her entire family bombarded her with a  group hug, dropping to their knees in thanks to god, and crying hysterically, even snatching up David into their grips. They swore on everything they'd find the man responsible.