~6~

"The biggest killer on the planet is stress and I still think the best medicine is and always has been                                                                                                                                                                            cannabis."

                                                                                                                                      - Willie Nelson

Brooke sat up right in her chair and giggled with childish glee. "Brooke - listen to me okay, this isn't good, I don't like him and I'm not ready to date." Emily sighed exasperatedly. Emily didn't want anyone to pay the harsh fate her ex Jake had to. Having to deal with her heavy baggage, she didn't want anyone who wasn't able to handle her personality and lifestyle.

"Baby who said anything about dating?" Brooke smirked fiddling with her ruby colored earrings, Brooke had soft reddish brown thick waves that fell down her back. She always wore her favorite silver nose ring and honey colored crystal attached to a black string necklace that Emily gave her last year for her birthday.

"I don't want to play John, he's too nice."

"You might as well - how are you going to ever get over jake if you don't move on in some form, you know what? I'm tired of soggy t -shirts okay? Just being honest." Brooke pursed her lips. Emily pushed her head into her palms. Then jerked up looking at Brooke. "Maybe you're right." She sighed.

"Bout time you took some advice of mine." Emily hadn't played a guy in a long time. She'd been in a relationship with Jake for so long she forgot how to just let loose. They had been broken up for six months and she hadn't even thought about another guy. 

"Trust me Emma..it'll take your mind off things." Emily's mind ached with the heavy decision of getting back on the dating scene. She yearned for a release. So Emily called her plug. Ashton. He promised to have weed for her in two days, around 20 grams. Brooke and Emily smoked at least every other day.

 Emily's mom practically gave up arguing with her about coming home reeking of alcohol and drugs. Her mom told her she was leaving Emily's rebellion for god and the law to deal with. Emily didn't care, she smoked, weed calmed her and distracted her from bleeding realities. She hated to put her mom through pain deep down, she knew how she is still burning after her father died. 

The pure devilish acts of her only daughter plagued her, her mother however felt she did everything she could to try to stop her, convince her, scare her into understanding her behavior was destructive and leading her down a bad path. No matter what though, Emily defied her. Storming out of the house after a heated feud. Physically throwing things at her mother. Leaving home for weeks without returning. Her mother even sent her to therapy sessions. Nothing could fix her. So she simply gave up.