Chapter 16

Peggy sighed as she examined herself in the mirror.

"This dress is itchy," She complains, tugging on the sleeves.

"Your dress is itchy? Please. I can't itch this thing without revealing to people more than the shower sees." Angelica groans, tugging at her leotard. Eliza says, "This is actually quite comfortable." She adjusts her hair in the mirror.

Peggy mumbled to herself as she styled her hair. A little hair spray here, curling, brushing, until she gets her hair in perfect curls down her back. She adds makeup- some light lipstick, eye shadow, not much foundation or anything. She pulls on the gloves and holds her umbrella. 

"What time is it?" She asks. Angelica checks her phone. "Uh, 7:56." While Angelica and Eliza fight over the mirror, Peggy hears the ding dong of the door. She rushes out the door, calling, "See ya at the party!" And she rushes, as fast as she could in heels and a huge dress, down the stairs, past her mother and father, and to the door. She opens it, and says, "Hey." Lafayette is standing in her doorway dressed as a vampire, (Very original.)

He looks hot, Peggy mused, before pushing the thought out of her head. He smiles at her. 

"You look beautiful. I love your costume." He says. Peggy blushes. "Thanks. I love your costume, too." She turns to her parents. "Okay Mom and Dad, bye. Love you both. See you soon." And then she slips out of the door, and pushes it shut behind her.

Lafayette opens the door of his car for her. 

"Happy Halloween!" He smiles as he sits down in the driver seat. "Yes, very happy Halloween," Peggy mumbles as the narrowly avoid a Princess and a Dragon happily skipping down the sidewalk.

"I've missed you," Lafayette says as they get driving. Peggy says nothing, as he hand reaches for one of her gloved. 

"Marquis- I didn't accept your invite to start anything up," She says quickly, pulling her hand from his.

"Then what did you accept it for, Peggy?" He asks.

"Alex and Eliza aren't over. If they're broken up, I don't think us could ever happen. But, if Eliza forgives Alex- maybe something could happen." Peggy explains. Lafayette mumbles.

"I will do anything in my power to get those two back together then, god dammit." Lafayette mumbles as he parks in their parking lot.

The house is bubbling already. There's cars in the lawn, in the driveway, garage, on the sidewalk. There's music pumping from the house, and there's many already drunken teens on the lawn yelling something no one really understands.

Lafayette opens the door for Peggy, and she gets out, opens her umbrella, and rests it on her shoulder.

"OH LAF'S GONNA GET SOME." Someone calls. Peggy turns to see John Laurens. His breath smells strongly of beer, and Peggy discreetly covers her mouth with a gloved hand. John wraps an arm around Lafayette's shoulders.

"John, you're drunk. Already," Lafayette groans.

"I'm not drunk,"  He says defensively. "I'm having a good time," He slurs. Lafayette rolls his eyes.

"You know what, Peggy? I've got something to say about you." He says, and looks at Peggy smiling.

"John-" Lafayette says, but gets interrupted.

"No, Laf, listen. How could Peggy be so utterly attractive but how could I be so gay?" He laughs, and spins around on his heel towards the house. Lafayette just stood there.

"Did he just say, 'How could I be so gay?'" Peggy asked. Lafayette laughed. "Please, don't act surprised. It's sort of obvious. You ever read some texts between him and Alex? Well, you shouldn't." He laughs, wraps an arm around Peggy's waist and led her to the house. 

Inside was insane. There was red cups everywhere, food, and just plain craziness. Lafayette led Peggy to the side of the room and they started dancing.

---

Angelica and Eliza stepped out of the car absolutely stunning and fashionably late- 8:45 was there arrival time. 

People gawked at them as they walked over to the door. They opened it, and people stopped and just looked at them. Eliza spotted Alex, dressed as a doctor, over talking to Mulligan. 

"Talk to him!" Angelica urged her sister before retreating to the refreshments table. Eliza took a deep breath, picked up her skirts, and walked over to Alex. He saw her, and pushed Mulligan away.

"Eliza," he breathed. She just said, "We need to talk." And Alex led her to his room where it was quiet.

---

Meanwhile, Peggy was trying to make sense of her situation. She was in Lafayette's room, and her arms were around his neck and his hands were on her waist. And they were kissing. Intensely. But she did nothing to stop it.

---

Eliza sat on Alex's bed beside him. She took his hands in her own.

"I missed you," She said. Alex smiled.

"I missed you too. Listen, Eliza, I'm so sorry, I regret every bit of it-" He started.

"No, Alex, we have to talk about something important. Please." She begged. He stayed quiet.

"I'm pregnant with your baby," She says quickly, and looked at Alex's face. It was blank.

---

OKAY it's shorter than i was going to have it i'm sorry but PRETTY LITTLE LIARS YOU GUYS. SERIOUSLY. WATCH IT.

And so, do you guys like it? I'm writing a lot today because I got a laptop, so I can write wherever now, not just on my desktop. I have a lot of stuff planned, so, prepare yourselves.

Oh, and I forgot who asked, but that is what John was trying to say about Peggy.

Thanks for reading.

Enjoy.