Chapter 14

Alex went to school the following Monday like any other day, except he was seething over something that was actually important.

Lafayette and Peggy? Together?

As he rounded into the school parking lot, he was over-whelmed at the crowd of people who surrounded him. They were people he's seen and insulted- many of them bigger and stronger then he was.

"So you cheated on Eliza?" Jefferson asked, emerging from the crowd, and pushed his sleeves up. Madison followed closely behind. "And not only that, you cheated on her with her sister? Her sister who's a freshman? Seriously?" Jefferson laughed. So did other people. The crowd was getting bigger.

"What do you want, Jefferson?" Alex asked, trying to mask his nervousness. 

Jefferson said nothing, but punched Alex in his jaw. People watched as Alex clutched his jaw, but then stood up straight, trying to match Jefferson's height, and tried to throw punch but Jefferson gave him a firm punch in the stomach.

Wheezing, Alex stood up, and attempted to hit Jefferson, but someone came up from behind him and pushed him to the ground. HE turned to see his attacker. Aaron Burr- the quiet guy who sometimes talks to Alex, was looking at his hands with hatred. Then at Alex. Then he kicked Alex in the side, and again, and again, until Alex wasn't breathing anymore. Burr stopped, looked down at the kid in front of him, and walked away. 

Jefferson scoffed. "Why'd you stop, Burr?" He called, and then they were upon Alex.

---

Alex was in the nurse, cursing to himself as she tended to his wounds.

"Your nose is broken, dear." She coos, as she dabbed at his bloody mouth with a wet napkin.

"Yeah, well, maybe you should take that up with Thomas," He mumbles. According to the nurses, he received from Jefferson, Madison, and Burr:

A broken nose

Two black eyes

A badly bruised jaw (thank god they didn't break it, Dear.)

Bruised ribs

and a possible concussion.

It was the talk of the school. The Alexander Hamilton got beat up by the quiet kid Aaron Burr, and out-spoken Thomas Jefferson and his side kick, James Madison. He was perceived at a weak kid who couldn't fend for himself.

But not anymore.

Alex was already planning his comeback- he would throw the biggest Halloween party in history. He would invite the whole school and get everyone to like him again. There would be alcohol, definitely, he could find that, he would have the best costume, it would be wild, loud music, awesome decorations-

"I can't believe it." Someone whispered from behind him. He turned to see Eliza. Her hair was tied up in a dirty bun, her blue shirt was loose, and she had on grey sweatpants and black flip-flops. The total opposite of what a Schuyler Sister should look like.

"Eliza-" He started, but she turned and walked out of the office.

---

Peggy didn't go to school at all those two weeks before Halloween. She stayed at home, in her own bed. Her sister formally forgave her. As Peggy arrived home that day that she dumped Lafayette, crying, Eliza looked at her. Their faces matched. Both tear stained and depressing. Eliza looked at her sister, and handed her a tissue.

A peace offering.

---

HEY!

Sorry it took so long to upload. I sort of got distracted by Pretty Little Liars. Anyone else? I'm writing now, though. Sorry. Hopefully you like it.