Chapter Forty Eight: I can't move...

Beginne am Anfang

I carry on up the stairs going as fast as my body will allow me too. I feel myself tiring.

"Luke we are almost there," says Lenny in my head.

"I know," I say back as I reach the second floor to the top.

I have no idea where Lucifer has gone but I hope Paul is holding him off or someone is at the very least.

I make the final floor running towards the door pulling it open leading me back into the corridor and rush towards the room where I know Sanjay and Paul be laying out cold and dying.

The mist seems to have faded away by now. I run and turn into the room crashing right into someone making me stumble back just as I'm rammed away up against the wall in the corridor.

I watch in horror as Lucifer steps towards me latching his hand around my throat. I slide the test tube and the injection into my pocket before trying to stop him from cutting off my air.

"You maybe some sort of freak alien creation but you can still die with out air!" he shouts at me putting all his best efforts into strangling me.

I let the tears escape my eyes in seconds as I struggle to breathe but I keep struggling with every ounce of energy inside me. I won't let him stop me from curing them and saving their lives. I won't let the man I love die!

"Goodbye Luke Smith!"

A bat swings right against Lucifer's head as he drops to the ground out cold. "Now you owe me one Luke," smirks Lucy. I crumble to the floor taking in deep hard breathes. This happens too often, nearly dying from lack of air or oxygen yet I still can't get use to it.

"Thanks," I managed the quietest and hardest word I find to say at the moment.

"Your welcome."

"Why?" I manage.

"I don't know. I think if you do die I can't have so much fun and we still have a lot to go through Luke," she smiles.

"I don't know if I'm happy to hear that or not," I whisper to her still on the ground finding it hard to really focus.

I slowly get to my feet looking at her, "I have to save them," I state before I walk around Lucifer's unconscious body and into the room to find Sanjay and Paul where I had left them. I quickly kneel down beside Paul and pull out the test tube and the injection.

I open up the test tube my hands shaking all too well as I do and put the injection into the liquid and then I pull Paul's arm up and feel for a vein. I hope all those reading medical books and books in science pay off right this second.

I put the needle into his arm and inject the liquid into him before I rush over to Sanjay and repeat what I did with Paul on him.

I move back slightly waiting. I really hope this works. I really hope Paul is right about this...

Suddenly the lights in the building begin to flicker on and off and I watch as the room is plunged into darkness.

I hear Lucy scream from outside the room making me jump in shock. "Lucy!" I shout to her worried, she did just save my life even if in the past she has tried to kill me too.

"Luke," I hear Sanjay suddenly whisper.

I move forward to try feel for Sanjay and I find his leg, "I'm here you are going to be alright," I tell him.

He takes my hand, "I can't see a thing. What is going on Luke?" he asks. He is clearly confused. "Wait Lucifer," he begins.

"Sanjay just stay calm," I tell him as I try get use to the darkness but suddenly another scream rips through the air and then something smashes right into me pulling me away from Sanjay's grip.