Chapter Fifteen - Footprints In The Snow

Otto's POV
All of a sudden, everything was completely white, and I was pounded down onto the icy floor by all the snow flooding in. Apparently, the blizzard was bigger than we thought. After a few seconds, I sat up and dusted the snow off of my jacket.

"Dr. O! Oscar?" I tried to yell over the winds, but it was drowning out my voice.

"Dr. O? Oscar!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, straining my ears trying to hear a response.

Only one thing called out to me- the howling winds. I rubbed my hands together, creating a small amount of friction. It didn't do much. I heard the raging winds, but saw nothing more than snow. All of a sudden, I heard groaning. At least, that's what I thought it was.

"Help!" I heard. It was very faint, but I recognized that voice from anywhere.

"Olympia! Olympia!" I shouted.

"I can hear you! Where are you?" I listened for a reply, but heard none.

I started digging around, and I uncovered a badge phone, and a small part of a shoelace.

"Olympia! Olympia!" I yelled.

All of a sudden, I saw a layer of snow moving! I dug my way through the icicles and snow to where the moving snow was.. and the now absent snow revealed a giant underground hole!

My clothes dripped from the melting snow. Surprisingly, it was much warmer inside of the hole than any other place we were previously. I took out my temperatureinator. 40 degrees! It was SOOOOO nice to be here out of the cold, but I still needed to find Olympia.

"Olympia!" I yelled, my voice echoing.

"Olympia, where are you?"

I heard the faintest groaning, and followed it. I had no doubt that this was Olympia's voice. As I was running, I noticed for some reason the color red whizz by. Was I losing it, now? I told myself to get it together, and I kept running.

"Olympia!" I yelled, waiting for the response.

"Olympia?" The voice kept getting louder and louder.

I looked down for a moment, quietly staring at the floor, and I noticed something. FOOTPRINTS! I tracked them down to a tunnel, and I quickly made my way inside. It was much colder here than the ice hole, and I noticed my dripping clothes freezing again.

"Olympia!"

"Otto?" I heard her faintly reply. I ran into another chamber, and I froze.

"Olympia! What happened to you?" I ran over to her.

She was laying on the floor in a ball, but her right arm was extended. It was bleeding terribly. Now I know why I saw red go by when I was running. It was blood. Olympia's blood.

"Olympia! How did this happen?"

"Odd Todd." She replied.

"What? How was Odd Todd-"

"Apparently when he took me hostage, he put a tracking bug on my badge phone. He followed me in here and demanded payback. By then, I was too weak to try and stop him. He threw really sharp icicles at me. I guess they were made with metal inside of them. Can you help me stop this bleeding?"

I took off my shoe and sock, and filled the sock up with snow. I carried Olympia on my back all the way back to the warm(er) ice hole. I sat her down gently and put the snow filled sock on her arm.

"Dr. O?" I shouted into my badge phone.

Curiously enough, the badge phone that I picked up started to ring. Olympia answered it.
"Hiiiyyeeeeaaa! This is Olympia!" She answered. I think she was feeling a little stronger.

"Olympia?" I questioned. We were talking together on the phone.

"Great." I sighed.

"Now what do we do? We can't contact Dr. O! We HAVE HER badge phone!"

I saw nothing more purposeful to do than to help Olympia. She was the only one I could help. I tried my badge phone once more.

"Hello? Hello? Can anyone hear me?" Nothing.

"Hello? Ms. O? Oscar? Anybody?"

"Otto? Is that you?" I finally got a response!

"Yes, it's me! Who is this?"

"It's Olive! Where are you? We're waiting for you here at the squad! The ambulance has been here for almost an hour, now!"

"I know. We had an emergency, sort of."

"What kind of emergency?"

"Well, there was a huge blizzard, and we had to take shelter. We got pounded into an ice cave to wait it out. Unfortunately, when we tried to get out of the ice cave, we got separated from snow pouring in. I just found Olympia. Seems like she encountered with Odd Todd!"

"What? Ughh, Todd!" I heard the anger in her voice.

"Yeah, because of him, Olympia's arm is bleeding really bad. She needs help!"

"Okay. I'll give you to Ms. O. Bye. Hope I'll see you soon."

"Ms. O?"

"Otto! Where are you? We've been waiting for you for over an hour! What's going on?"

"Well, we've gotten caught in a bad blizzard, and we're lost in this underground labyrinth! I have no clue where we are. Can you bring up a map of the Arctic room and tell us where we are?"

"Yes. I'll let you know when we have a location. For now, can you tell me how Otis is doing?"

"No. Unfortunately, we're separated from the others. It's just me and Olympia. I have no idea where the others are. Update you when I get more details. Bye."

Beep beep beep!

I looked down at my badge phone. Battery low? Seriously? I sighed, but I knew that I would have to do what I could do for now. I got Olympia on my back, and headed for any place that I could recognize.

DR. O'S POV

I sat up, and dusted off the snow from my lab coat. I guess that I was out for a long time; it was getting warmer and the snow wasn't falling anymore. I immediately tried to make contact with the others, but I lost my badge phone and even part of my shoelace in the slide.

"Hello?" My voice echoed.

"Can anyone hear me? Otis? Oscar? Otto?"

Nothing. No response at all. I knew that I would have to get out of here and get the others help. So, I got out my digginator, and dug my way out. I turned on my watch, and looked at the map of the Arctic room.

"So, I'm at B.2., and the door where I need to get to is at J.7. The easiest route is to go diagonally along the less hilly area. If I would go through this shortcut at F.5., I might fall through the ice. So, I guess I'll take the long way.

I walked for an hour or so, and I finally found my way back to the door.
Ocean bumped into me right as I walked out of the Arctic room, and a smile spread across his face.

"Dr. O! You're back! Ms. O!!"

Ms. O came running down the hall.

"Dr. O! So good to see you! We just heard from Otto and Olympia, and they're okay! Where's Oscar and Otis?"

"I don't know. They're lost in the Arctic room wilderness!"