Chapter Two - The Donut Room ✔

I ran down the halls of headquarters, and I noticed sympathetic looks coming from everyone I made eye contact with. I ran into Dr. O's office, but I couldn't find Dr. O or Olympia. Oona slowly walked into the room, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Oona, do you know where-"

"-Olympia is? Hey, not too slow any more!" She chuckled. Regaining her composure, she focused.

"Yes. I do know."

I noticed she wasn't meeting my gaze, which was unlike her usual cheery self.

"Oona?" I asked. Her gaze met mine. "Where is she?"

"She's in the emergency room."

"I didn't know we had an emergency room."

"It doesn't exist. We cleared out the donut room and improvised."

"How is she?"

Again, Oona looked away, saying nothing. After a minute, she looked up at me, and broke the silence.

"I don't know. No one does."

I saw a tear stream down her face, and I took that answer as a sign that I needed to take a trip to the donut room. After a few long hallways and corridors, I saw Ms. O sitting in a chair burying her face in her hands. I saw the familiar clay donut about the donut room door and ran over to her.

" Ms. O?"

She wiped her tear stained face helplessly, and tried to look at me with her stern face in vain.

"How's Olympia?" I asked, shaking.

Even at the name of my partner, I saw Ms. O start crying all over again. I hugged her softly, and when she stopped crying she looked at me with her big brown eyes and said,

"I'm so sorry, Otis." That did it. I ran into the donut room.