Chapter Six - The Duck Bomb ✔

A.N: Hey guys!! So so so sorry for not updating sooner!!! Hope you enjoy!

After we cleaned up our mess, we took the tubes back to headquarters. No time could be wasted. We ran out of the tube lobby, and into the lab where Oona was sitting, clearly very frustrated.
Oona gave us all a pathetic 'Howdy Do.'
"Oona, did Olympia take all of your gadgets?" Ms. O asked.
"Yeah. That was the super duper terrible-"
"Teeny weeny problem that you could fix yourself? Oh, brother!"
Ms. O started looking for the unlucky coins.
"Ms. O?" Oona asked. "Can I help you find something?"
"Where's the table of unlucky coins?"
"Oh, no! We are not going to let those unlucky nickels loose again!"
"Oona! Listen to me!!" Ms. O shouted. She cleared her throat. "Uhh, too loud. Oona! Listen to me!" She whispered. "When did Olympa come in here and steal your gadgets?"
"An hour and a half ago." Oona replied. "She muttered something like 'only 120 more minutes.' Then, she left and went back to her- err- your office."
Ms. O sighed, longing to get her office back. I sighed, but then something that Oona said really caught my attention.
"Wait, Olympia was here an hour and a half ago?"
"Yes. Why?" Oona looked puzzled.
"Ms. O, did the book say when the bomb would go off?" I asked as she flipped through the pages.
"No." She said. "We need to find it before it's too late!"
"Oona! Where is your collection of unlucky coins?" I asked, starting to panic.
Oona ran into the back room, and came back with a box.
"Right here!" She exclaimed.
"Oona, we need to know where this was before you took it from the back room." Oona gave me a puzzled look. "The book said that Olympia would put the bomb underneath the table that this was sitting on!" I shouted, definitely starting a nervous breakdown.
"Oh. I get it, now! The collection of unlucky coins was on a pink table in the back room."
Out of nowhere, Olympia came running into the room.
"Glueinator!!!" She yelled. Then she zapped it at Oona and Ms. O. Their feet were glued to the ground now! Olympia tried zapping it at Me, but I jumped out of the way just in time. I pretended I couldn't move my feet until Olympia left the room.
"So Oona, it's the only pink table there is, right?"
"Positive."
"Oona, are you sure?"
"I've never been more sure of anything in my life. Actually, there was this one time when we got zapped into the future.. never mind. Just go!!"
I ran into the back room, and all I saw were black tables. I ran through the narrow passageway, and I saw the pink table. I screamed. I saw the bomb, and it said there was only ten minutes until it would explode! But the part where I really screamed was when I saw that the bomb was attached to.... a DUCK!!! Seriously??????? I tried to get over it and tell myself that it would blow me up if I didn't act fast. So I tried removing it from the duck. Nothing. It was super glued. Great!! I bucked up, then grabbed the duck with my good arm (yes, of course my arm was still in a cast) and ran back out of the back room, and into Oona's lab. Oona and Ms. O were still glued to the ground, trying to break free.
"Otis, why are you carrying a duck?" Oona asked, very confused.
"The bomb.... is glued to the duck, and - and I can't get it off, so-"
"So you have to carry a duck?" Ms. O realized. "Yikes."
I nodded. "Oona, how do I fix this?"
"You can't!" She simply replied.
"Oona, please tell me there's a way to stop this from exploding!"
"Okay. There is a way for you to fix it!...... but, there's really not."
I was really starting to freak out. Not only was there no way to stop this, only seven minutes left in fact, but I still had a DUCK in my arms!!!!! This was ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING!!!!!
"Wait!" Ms. O shouted. "Don't our odd bombs malfunction when they are immersed in water?"
"Yes!" Oona yelled.
"Otis!" Ms. O commanded. "Go to the beach! And fast! Odd Squad depends on you overcoming your fear of ducks!!"
I nodded, then ran out of the lab, slid down the banister (did I catch a few looks!) and ran into the tube lobby.
"O'Malley! Send me to the beach!"
O'Malley looked at me, confused. "First of all, why are you holding a duck? Second of all, I'm waiting for the magic word.... so until then, well.."
"Okay. I'm holding duck that's actually a bomb that's going to explode in five minutes. K? Also, please and thank you send me to the beach so that I can make this bomb that's about to explode- malfunction. Make sense?"
O'Malley stared out into space for about ten seconds, totally oblivious that I was there. He snapped back into his self, and smiled at me.
"Yea, I guess so! Preparing to squishinate!"

I ran up to tube 3. I hugged the duck around me.. weird and painfully terrifying. "You ready buddy?" I asked.
"Quack!!" Replied the duck.
"Squishinating!" O'Malley yelled. He pushed the button, and off I.. uh... we- went.