-4-

warning: abusive content

**

I'm awoken up by someone shaking my arm gently. Rubbing my sore eyes, I slowly open them due to the curtains drawn back and letting the sun shine through the large windows.

"Oh my god!" I flinch in surprise as it's not Calum like I was expecting, but his sister Mali.

Her bright smile and warm personality instantly makes me feel better. Mali chuckles at my outburst before bringing me in a bear hug, me returning the friendly gesture.

"Hi Mali, what are you doing here?" I genuinely smile at her as she releases a little laugh.

Mali instantly fills in the big sister role since I'm the only child of a single mother. She was always there when I needed advice or someone to talk to. I just hope when Calum and I part ways we can still keep in touch.

"We're visiting for the holidays! Sorry we showed up without calling but we wanted to surprise you two." Mali uses jazz hands before siting on the bed beside me.

"It's fine. Wait," my eyebrows come together, "who's we?"

Mali claps her hand together, her smile never leaving her face. "All of us; mum, dad, and then me."

I do a little cheer along with Mali and we end up both giggling. I hate to admit it but I love Calum's family. I wish I could have them forever but I can't.

"Why are you sleeping in the guest bedroom?"

My smile falters a little as flashbacks from last night comes back to me. I cover it up with a little laugh before responding. "Oh, I must've slept walked in here or something."

Mali gives me an uncertain look but shrugs it off anyways. She stands up again and pushes her brown hair back, ruffling it a little bit.

"Everyone is downstairs, so I'll see you there. Just don't keep mum waiting too long, she's been talking about you before we even made it to the airport." Mali playfully rolls her eyes.

I chuckle as she leaves me alone in the room and suddenly my mood drops again. I don't have the strength to lift my frown, so I stop trying. With a sigh, I swing my legs over the bed and place my bare feet on the cold floor.

"My milkshake brings all the boys in the yard.." I sing quietly to myself as I walk to the en suite bathroom. All of the four bedrooms have en suite bathrooms which we don't necessarily need but Calum wanted to live like a ''king".

After getting washed up, I stroll down the staircase and hear forks clattering against plates as I near the kitchen, a bacon scent filming my nostrils. A smile makes its way on my face just by seeing Joy and David. I quickly put my finger over my lips to shush David so I can scare Joy.

"I know you're behind me, Belle."

I disappointingly put my arms down and a playful pout makes its way on my face. Joy chuckles as she turns around and wraps her arms around my torso.

"I missed you, my dear!" Joy grabs my head and pulls it down towards her before her warm lips are peppering kisses all over my face. A few giggles come from me and I place a single kiss to her cheek.

"I made breakfast for everyone!" Joy smiles and gestures her hands over the island that's covered in plates full of breakfast food.

"You didn't have to do that, Joy." I give her a look and make my way over to David to give him a hug as well.

"Hi sweetie. Calum and Mali are out in the living room, can you go get them?" David smiles sweetly at me. I nod quickly and start walking down the hallway that leads to the living room.