Prologue

"I'm going to the town carnival. You in?" She asked sending a snapchat to someone.

"Can't." I said grabbing and plugging in the blow dryer. "I'm going to Oli's with Joel."

Maddie sighed. "Right. You two are like glue! Maybe later!" She nodded and walked out. I felt bad, but I already had plans.

*

   I never really realized exactly how high the Ferris wheel was. When I heard a creak noise, I got nervous.

   "Joel..." I said squeezing his hand and looking around. The ride started to move again.

   "I want to get out!" I yelled as loud as I could and tried not to cry. I. Was. Terrified! Joel kissed the top of my hand and squeezed it.

   "Don't worry. It's okay, my little closet girl. He said and nodded once. I sighed. I could do this. I could do this. As long as we hit the ground safely, it was all good.

*

   "Lizzie...look." Joel said and pointed over to a little girl by the fire place. She had brown hair. She looked about 5 or 6.
She went to go put her hands in the fire.

A women screamed louder then anyone on the rides. The fire pit tipped over, causing scrambling people everywhere.

"JOEL! WE HAVE TO GET OFF THIS RIDE!" I screamed as we were still being lowered.

*

   "Thanks again." I laughed.

   He didn't leave. I stared up at him and just swung my arms gripping my phone. In movies, this would be the part where the boy kisses the girl. But in reality... does that really happen?

   He looked down and stepped closer. Maybe it does happen? I frozen still. What does the girl do at this part? Giggle? Kiss? I don't even know if I wanted a kiss. That's a lie. I did.

   He grabbed my cheek and kissed me. I...kissed him back.

*

"Never have I ever... KISSED A GIRL!" Maddie yelled. Joel raised his hand. Thankfully, this wasn't targeted at me.

"Never have I ever...um...been on a date?" Joel asked. All of us raised our hands.

"Never have I ever...had a crush on someone who was taken!" Maddie announced.

Oli raised his hand.

Then he looked at me.

*

   I remembered Joel had told me to go on Oli's channel. I quickly went up to my room, changed into my p.j's, and went into my gaming room. I typed in, "T h e  O r i o n  S o u n d" in the Google search bar. His channel came up and I clicked the link.

   There was nothing crazy going on. His channel wasn't hacked, he wasn't quitting , I didn't see a problem. I started to scroll down.

   That's when I saw it.

   Somebody Else | TheOrionSound Cover ( the 1975 )

   I knew all the lyrics in that song.

   And they fit almost too perfectly me in me and Oli's relationship.

   Oli had made this video directed towards me.

*

   "Look Lizzie, we shouldn't be friends! We only crossed paths so you could become a YouTube star. I bet we weren't even meant to be friends or ex-lovers." He said angrily.

   I was taken back. I didn't want to loose Oli as a friend. He was so...funny. He was creative. He was my best friend, besides Yammy.

   "Oli please don't go. I'm sorry. This was my fault. We can be friends. I promise I won't question anything you do!" I pleaded. He shook his head.

  "I can forgive Lizzie, but i cannot forget." Oli said and ended the video chat.

*

   "Ha, ha!" Maddie smirked. "And, who needs cherries when you can get this!" She yelled and grabbed Joel and kissed him. I fell back onto the kitchen table.

   "Take that for payback. Don't mess with my boo." She warned and grabbed her purse and slammed the door as she went out to her car. Her boo? Well, this means war.

*

   "He's gone!" I screamed and started to cry hysterical.

   "What?" Yammy and Stacy both asked.

   "L-l-l-listen!" I cried shoving my phone into their hands.

   "I still don't understand." Yammy proclaimed.

   "Joel just...dumped me." I said heaving.

   "Oh Lizzie..." Yammy covered her mouth and started to hug me. Stacy did the same.

*

   "It's at Joel's place. He texted you about it, you probably didn't read it. He texted me to invite..." She tried to finish but I shushed her.

   Of course i read the text from Joel. Of course I didn't reply back.

   "I'll go, Yammy. I shrugged and took another bite casually. I didn't want to make a big deal about it. I mean, Christmas was my favorite time of the year, and I loved Christmas parties.

*

"MADDISON!" I yelled, raising my voice.

"Feisty!" Maddie roared and bit her lip.

"Lizzie." Someone grabbed my shoulder. As of reflex, I turned to see who it was.

It was Joel.

We both turned a bright pink and he took his hand off me.

"Don't touch..." My voice trailed off. I couldn't finish the sentence. I liked it when he touched me...not in a dirty way, but like, my arm, or my cheek, or my shoulder.

"Sorry." He quickly whispered and turned his head.

"You wanna win this battle Liz? Kiss him. Now your under mistletoe." She smirked and crossed her arms.

"ANYWAYS!" Yammy yelled trying to break the tension. Me and Joel locked eyes. We just stayed there, locked eyes.

*

"Lizzie I-" Oli didn't get to finish his sentence. I kissed him right on the lips. He...kissed me back. But it wasn't anything like Joel's kiss. Joel's was...special.

*

I had an idea. I began to run, in heels, to behind his car. Maybe if he saw he would hit me he would stop, and all I had to do was run out of the way. I was able to get far enough away from Oli's car when he saw me.

His car ran to a skid.

I then realized I wasn't far enough.

And the beautiful world turned to black.

***