Chapter 34

Ash's POV

Shots from what sound like a powerful machine gun get fired from all around the house like crazy. From my state of mind my vision and consciousness keeps going in and out. I try my best to pay attention, but my body is just too weak and is begging for rest.

The shooting seems to be unplanned and irresponsible for an agent. It must be Dash. My guess is incorrect when he comes back rushing into the room diving to the floor next to me trying to cover himself from bullets that might hit, his hands over his head, faced down on his knees.

You can hear glass from the front door and windows shatter, the force of a leg kicking that door down, and stomps all around searching. My ears are still blaring from the gunshots, but I assume there's only a couple people intruding the Peterson household.

Robert keeps a strong grip over my busted bloody lips keeping me from shouting for help. I couldn't even if I tried. My body had given up and couldn't hold on to any energy I forced it to use.

It's silent for a minute, but then the loud ear piercing alarm put at the basement stairs goes off. That's when the footsteps get faster and louder.

"Quick, cover it up!" Robert yells at Dexter to move the bookshelf back.

They act quickly and there's silence once again after the bookshelf screeches back into place. Dexter stands in front of the shelf trying to listen in on the other side by placing his ear on it.

A minute passes, but it feels like an hour of silence.

"I think they're gone-" He freezes from where he stands out of pure shock and disbelief. Multiple bullets had been fired through Dexter's chest makes him unable to finish that sentence. He collapses on the floor with his dark red blood seeping through his grey dirty tank top and crusty mouth. His eyes roll to the back of his head as Robert Peterson curses under his breath.

The shots continue not looking like they're going to stop anytime soon. Gun fire after gun fire it never stopped. The only time it would it would be for a couple seconds before continuing again. Meaning the armed intruder had more than one gun and is too frustrated to stop to reload. Kicks blow at the book shelf knocking the books down from the other side. Right when I think things couldn't get worse, it does..

"AHH!" I screamed as a sharp pain flys to my abdomen area. Grasping it is my first reaction to stop the bleeding from the bullet. Pressure stops the bleeding so I'll be safe, but also getting shot in the abdominal area is one of the most dangerous places to get hit. My hands already covered in the sticky liquid that's starting to pour out of me.

"Ashlyn!" I just barely hear the familiar voice faintly shout through the walls.

Before I can respond Robert's hand flies over my mouth again with a more forceful grip dragging me with my back against his chest and my whole body going limp from under us.

The gun shot doesn't really phase me as I'm still in the phase of shock and fear. Blood dripping out of me drained my emotions and energy to stay conscious even more.

Just like that, I was out like a light.

3rd person POV

After Robert vanishes with Ashlyn through the back entrance hidden in one of the underground departments in the house, Chris continues to barge in. Lexi -his teammate- just witnessing everything with a grin. She has no desire to help, it was so entertaining to her to see how this would turn out.

He grabs the side of the book shelf and knocks it down, causing all the books to fall out. Along it came with a loud bang after the wooden shelf came in contact with the cement floor of the basement. Chris stomps into the hidden room with fire burning in his eyes from anger and a need for revenge.