part eight - friendship

"so is he your new best friend?" taehyung pouted whilst poking your cheek.

"no, of course not." you answered for the millionth time.

you and taehyung decided to go to the local cafe before school started. luckily for the both of you the cafe wasn't that far from school. in fact, you and the boys would always go there after school. it was like a fun little hangout just for you guys.

but today was just taehyung, you both invited jungkook and jimin but of course since now the both of you already have your orders, it was obvious that they weren't going to show up.

i wonder what's going on with those two. you said mentally in your head as your mouth had met with the long plastic tube connected to your drink.

taehyung was sitting across from you, basically wondering if you and hoseok had gotten anywhere.

taehyung was never intending on liking you romantically, it was his best friend status that he worried about. he didn't want to lose someone so important to him.

"(your name)," he groaned.

"what?"

"if he's going to replace me, just say it!" taehyung turned away. "i can take it, i swear."

you laughed at the pitiful boy whom you've been friends with for so long, you could never imagine enjoying your life without him. but it was entertaining to see taehyung like this.

you weren't used to being cared for. everyone else at school didn't like you, so it was just taehyung's love that you've managed to keep going on with your life.

"no one's going to replace you, pabo." you stated once again, slurping the caffeinated substance from the inside of your drink.

"but how will i know for sure?" taehyung asked once again, "you two have been texting each other constantly already!"

he was right with that. ever since jungkook had given you hoseok's number, you two have been texting each other nonstop.

hoseok was just so easy to talk to, and made you laugh and smile so many times that you would go back and read the both of your conversations.

however, it was only about life and random things. you had no intention of having an intimate relationship with hoseok, after all, it's only been two weeks since you've known him.

that and the girls in the girl have taken notice that hoseok is also extremely good looking. you knew if the both of you were ever a thing, hell would break loose.

that, and jimin of course.

your relationship with jimin has been somewhat closer. although you know that his friendship with jungkook was rocky at the moment, you've decided that it wasn't your business and just kept talking to them like nothing happened.

another thing you've noticed was that jungkook and hoseok have been hanging out a lot.

which you didn't mind, hoseok was a peach.

but you did wonder what jimin's reaction was to that. is jimin feeling replaced?

"that doesn't mean anything."

"um, bitch, yes it does!" taehyung's eyes had widen as his jaw slightly dropped.

"um, bitch, no it doesn't!" you backfired.

taehyung slumped in his seat, defeated. "i just..i just don't want it to be the end of us."

"tae?" your eyes looked up at taehyung's brown ones, the ones that were looking away from you.