Chapter One

They say misfits are meant for greater things.

"A new Guardian...?" A voice whined, apparently annoyed by the discovery. He tapped his foot, impatiently, on the floor and crossed his arms. Soft mutters were heard from a small crowd of green-winged people. A boy with blue clothing shifted his attention towards the irritated figure. He leaned on his staff as a smirk grew on his face. The little golden man hovered beside him, currently snacking on a cookie.

"Awww... Don't worry, Bunny! Maybe they'll be as fun as me!" He placed his hands in his pockets.

"That's what I'm afraid of." He replied.

The tall red figure merely shook his head. "...It's different this time." He grinned as he glanced up, eyes filled with excitement.

・☂ Gaille ☂・

My eyes fluttered open as I felt the warm rays of daylight peering through my cheeks. Blinking the sleep away, I rubbed my head against my arms. It's the 31st of August. Just one more day 'til the 'ber' months settle in. A small flutter in my stomach grew as I imagined the upcoming holiday. Soon, I thought to myself.

"Hey, You okay?" A boy with braces peeked beside me. His eyebrow arched up as his eyes darted around.

I sat up and let out a yawn. "Yeah... How long was I asleep?" I asked, noticing the clatter of voices around. It's been a long time since I've gotten a good nap. It brought me much nostalgia of when I was younger. I placed a hand against the back of my neck; wincing a bit as I felt a small rush of pain. ...Stiff? Oh, for pete's sake!

He merely shrugged, clueless of the events around him and short of answers, "Your position looks uncomfortable."

"Yeah, glad you noticed." I shook my head and sighed, knowing the sarcasm went unwitnessed. This is Vincent, my ever-so-lost friend; one of the first I've met in school actually. He was one of the exchange students in this university. He can be dense sometimes, so don't be deceived by his age. One of those chipper, naive weirdos; as described by our dearest friend.

"Yo, Camel!"

The voice buzzed behind us. I turned around and ducked in time, as a basketball flew in unexplainable speed towards our direction. In an instant, the shrieking voice that came from my side turned into an irritated scream. Oh no, I groaned silently as I rested my cheek on my hand. Speaking of the devil.

"YOU COULD'VE KILLED ME, FRITZ!" Vincent's eyes were so wide I could've sworn they almost popped out. Fritz, who is now laughing, gasped for air as his raven hair shook around while he struggled. A few people walking by the hallways stared at our direction. I gulped and tried my best to avoid their harsh eyes and soft whispers. Sigh.

Boys, I thought.

"Stop overreacting, Vincent. It barely touched you." The teen in gray joggers walked to us, one hand in his pockets and the other held a bottle of soda. Ah yes... Fritz. The son of the town's judge. Oh and let's not mention the nickname he gave to our anxious friend here. How could we have forgotten this particular fellow? There's not that much to say about him, only that he prefers chugging on soda for the entire day and a daily dose of video games... And shoes... to say the least.

"SHUT UP! WHAT IF IT DID?!" Vincent whined as he pointed his finger directly at Fritz.

"But did it? Huh?! Tell me!" He shot back.

Typical. I glanced down at the papers scattered on the ground, Eyeing the watercolor that seemed to grow vibrant the longer it stays under the heat of the sun. For the past week, I could not stop sketching the common images from my head; A multi-colored creature whose wings were as lustrous as tinted glass, A teenage boy with crisp, white hair and stunning eyes, A radiant little man whose smile was gentle, as if he were in a daze, An enormous, fierce man with a soft beard and a dashing aura, and lastly is... what seems to be some kind of huge blue rabbit whose fur is wrapped in leather and markings. Well... They all seemed familiar to me. Silhouettes of figures had been flashing in my dreams for some reason. I've seen them somewhere, but where? And when exactly?