Jacey began praying. As usual, Jasmine couldn't make out a word that was being said. The words were too low and too rapid for her to decipher anything. She just stood there and waited for it to be over.

At long last, Jacey stepped away. "There. That should do it."

"I don't think I needed a prayer, mommy."

"Nonsense. You need it more than you think you do."

Jasmine opened her mouth to respond, but it was cut short at another knock on the door. Jacey's face instantly reddened with anger. She made a move to the door, but Jasmine held her back. "Let's just hear them out."

"Jasmine, you can't entertain those kind of people. You let them in now and they'll never stop coming. They could be dangerous."

"You think everyone is dangerous," Jasmine said. She knew exactly where she got her paranoia from and it definitely was not her chill father relaxing at home, that was for sure. She went to the door.

Before her mother could say another word of protest, she pulled it open. There, standing just where she left them, was the stranger and his two vampire friends. He looked up in surprise when the door opened, then frowned. Slowly, he released a lout breath.

"You wanted to talk?" Jasmine said.

He was still frowning. He looked at the male twin and shook his head, and he frowned too. His red eyes shifted to Jasmine while his hand slowly fell from his face. The other twin joined in, just as confused.

Jasmine rolled her eyes in impatience. "Do you want to talk or not? I don't have all day."

"Yes," the guy said. "Yes, we'd like to talk. Can we come in?"

Jasmine stepped to the side and swept her arm outwards. They entered her room.

"Sorry about the mess," she said, kicking a pair of pants aside. "My roommate is a mess. As you can see, my side of the room is completely clean."

Jasmine rejoined her mother's side. She made her mother sit, easing her onto the bed and trying not to laugh at her mother's angry appearance. She turned to them. The guy stood closer to her. His gold eyes shone like shiny new coins, glittering with an emotion Jasmine couldn't name. Even when he blinked and looked away, Jasmine could see his eyes, bright against his skin.

He was rather cute, she decided. His curly brown hair was a messy mop on his head, shaking every time he moved. Although he did nothing of the sort now, she remembered his smile from last night, a bit off its kilter, displaying white uneven teeth. That slight imperfection made him somehow cuter, especially when he stood rubbing the back of his head so sheepishly.

The other guy he was with didn't look nervous at all. He looked Jasmine up and down, interest shining in his eyes. His hands were tucked into the pockets of his baggy shorts, his shirt hanging off narrow shoulders. Jasmine always felt uneasy around vampires, simply because their red eyes put her on edge, but there was something about his that calmed her. His twin sister was the same. Calming red eyes, long blond hair, and dressed in a tight short skirt and a spaghetti strapped shirt. She folded her arms, hanging back as if she fully intended to let the boys do all the talking.

"I suppose I should start with my name," the lycan boy said, which had Jasmine's eyes snapping back to him. "I'm Rich Young, and these are my two friends. Wendy and Mason Falz."

"Mason and Wendy Falz," Mason said.

"Mase, shut up!" Wendy hissed.

Rich pretended they haven't spoken at all. "I know this is going to sound crazy, but, last night, I figured out who you are."