Dating?

Zuko POV

I was on the porch of the beach house watching the waves gently crash upon the shore when Aang sat next to me. "Don't tell me your actually here to train." I said. "No um I just had a question..." He said awkwardly. He relised that my silence was an invitation for him to continue. "Well I was wondering if you and (y/n) were dating?" He rubbed the back of his neck. I tried to play it off cool but failed. "N-no, why are you in-interested!" I said through gritted teeth. "Oh god no. I mean she's nice and all but she's no Katara. I was just asking because it's probably not a good idea to star relationships, the idea is already causing enough trouble."

"You mean (y/n) is causing trouble." I looked at the ground. "You know what I mean." He got up and walked away. (Aang also asked you)

~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) POV

Zuko and I were in his room cuddling, just lying there in complete silence as he stroked my hair. A question that Aang asked me was burning at my throat, trying to get out. I grew tired of the silence and asked my question. "Hey Zuko are we...... dating?" He stopped stroking my hair and sat up to look at me. "No, right?" He sounded so sure and it broke my heart.

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say." I quickly got up and walked to the door. "Well see you later friend." I slammed the door as I left and went to my room. 

Zuko's POV

God why did I say that. You should have just said yes. You love her, she loves you, why didn't you say yes?! (Y/n) just stormed out, and I'm an idiot.