Part 46: The Motel Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"My charger." He showed it in the air to explain what he had forgotten, seeing your expression that literally told 'I told you this morning to remember everything' and hurried towards you to place a tender kiss to your lips.

"I know I know."

The place was much more alive than it was yesterday, probably because it wasn't late at night and the fact that everyone was travelling in the mornings. If you looked to your left you could see a small canteen restaurant serving breakfast for travelers and visitors on the go, some families sitting while others were sitting alone.

"Good morning." A new woman was standing behind the desk, much older than the girl who was serving you yesterday and Luke smiled brightly in return and placed the key card on top of the surface.

"We'd like to check out, please."

His voice fainted out in the background while fumbling with some papers the lady wanting him to sign and pay, and your attention turned towards one of the Christmas decorations behind you. Considering this place wasn't that popular you noticed something that seemed awfully familiar.

In the middle of the lobby was a snow globe, not like the typical small ones but a huge one. Inside were a little city that repeatedly got snow from the top, trees and mini people standing around greeting each other. It was like you had seen this before, not that you could point out where. But you definitely had went past this before in your life and it was making a curious expression appear on your fac-,

"Y/N?"

It was like everything around you froze just like the time by being interrupted in your thoughts. Your breath hitched in your throat while your lips parted in a small gasp, almost not wanting to turn around because that voice wasn't Luke's.

"Dylan?" You could feel your breath hitch in your throat just by mentioning his name, looking over your shoulder to see him stand with a few papers in his hands. His face had never looked as confused as it was now, his eyebrows almost at the point of touching each other by furrowing that much.

"What are you doing here?" You both questioned in unison, and your eyes widened slightly when Luke turned around to see him as well, it was a great deal that Dylan was facing his back so he couldn't spot him by the receptionist.

"I work here." Dylan was the first one to respond to the shared question, trying to stabilize the papers in his hand while taking a look up and down your body. "I'm here to help out my parents when they're lacking substitutes for the paper works and stuff."

"Paper work?" You seemed more confused than him now, trying to multiply everything and that was when it all made sense.

Dylan Williams – The Williams Lodge. This place was owned by his parents and to help out Dylan showed up for his support. He had always mentioned that his parents owned a huge community but you had never expected it to be this.

"Yeah." Dylan almost replied in question, a small smile growing on his face by the almost too awkward situation. He laughed quietly to himself while shaking his head, waiting for you to come up with an answer to why you were here.

"I'm uh-," You paused while looking over at Luke trying not to make it obvious, seeing him take the papers from the counter and threw the baggage over his shoulder again. He looked over at you for a short second while motioning his head towards the door, wanting to indicate that he would wait outside by the car.

"I was just here for the night with Matty. He's outside now and waiting for me by his car." The lie didn't seem that convincing at all if you asked yourself but Dylan nodded his head understanding while placing he papers on a coffee table by one of the couches for people waiting for a room or taxi.